Puppet Wars Website

EricJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The game looks and sounds great! It's the perfect blend between a "regular" boardgame and a "hobbygame allá Magic or Malifaux".

Also I must say guys you outdid yourselves on the website! It is a great resource of info and even an army builder!

The website is very well made (optionnal rules puppet is a great idea, so as the example of baby kade card when you pass your mouse over it, the toy box)!! Bravo!!!

The game seems to be a must-buy!

The sewing upgrade is a great idea!!!

edit: in the website there is the profil for viktoria, the hooded riders, the 5 teddy...but these minis are not listed in the core set or the boosters.

We will see them in another booster release?

Edited by sakurazuka38

Preface: The rules look fun, innovative, and addictive. The models are great. The website is a tremendously well thought out resource.

That said...I'm really disappointed by the early model selection, especially the low number of available masters. Almost all of my favorites are not in there; so I'll be hard-pressed to find a reason to buy in :/

The activation system remind me the one used in a song of blade and heros (but better since it's ala malifaux...with cards : better the mini is, the harder to activate it).

Moreover, the team lists are not as open as we expected since it's easier to activate a puppet which have the same suit of the master (mercenary aside) ?

Edited by sakurazuka38

yep, it's a balancing act. Army efficiency or making the choice to go out of suit and know you have to reserve cards to activate and use that Puppet, but gaining abilities which are not available within your suit. Also the advantage of gaining a Upgrade which gives bonuses which are not available from your suit makes it tempting as well...We had to make a real choice and balancing act, not just a free for all :D

Preface: The rules look fun, innovative, and addictive. The models are great. The website is a tremendously well thought out resource.

That said...I'm really disappointed by the early model selection, especially the low number of available masters. Almost all of my favorites are not in there; so I'll be hard-pressed to find a reason to buy in :/

Being brand new, there is only so much we can release at once of course, but the more support the game receives, the more and more minis and masters you will find becoming available :D

Being brand new, there is only so much we can release at once of course, but the more support the game receives, the more and more minis and masters you will find becoming available :D

Oh, and I completely understand that. It's just unfortunate that my personal preferences don't lean towards any of the initially available Masters is all :(

You do get Bayou Gremlins, Hog Whisperers and piglets in the initial release..

Oh, I know. And I like all of those. And I'm not even a Gremlin purest so much that I wouldn't enjoy other masters. But Seamus, Marcus, Pandora, Lady J, and Viks are probably some of my least favorite masters and I just don't feel very drawn to play a game where I don't like the "main" guys available to me.

I'd have been plenty happy to play with Ramos, Rasputina, Collette, Nicodem, Kirai, Sonnia, Hoffman, Zoraida, Som'er, Hamelin, or Leveticus.

Literally, it's just like a fluke that they picked 5 of my least favorite casters for the initial release.

I'm sure I'll likely invest in the game eventually, but probably not upfront, right now given the selection. 'Sall I'm sayin'.