multi pillers

izikial

Question

9 answers to this question

Just a quick question related to Ice Pillars, please...

I had an introduction Malifaux game few days ago, with opponent playing Rasputina's crew; and since we played Treasure game, he used a lot of Ice Pillars to slow me down. But he would cast Ice Pillars twice per turn stating that since there are two crews on the table (his Rasputina's and mine Perdita's) he can; so that is 2x Ice Pillars (which create 2 Ice Pillars) per turn, so that makes it possible to have 12 lots in the turn 6, not counting the possibility of destroying them or longer game... Ice Pillars rule say: "This spell may be cast once per Crew, per turn.".

It seemed to me there were hell to many of those Ice Pillars, but since it was my first game, I thought it was right; but now seeing this post sparkled my suspicions... So is it possible that Rasputina cast Ice Pillars two times per turn in a game where two Crews are playing a match?

Another thing related more to my match than with the OP's post, so please excuse me if You consider it as a hijack (not my intention); but I would really like to know if this was right or not. My opponent stated that Bearskin Armor makes him not take any damage from my Papa Loco's Dynamite Stick / Thrown Dynamite attacks. It seemed a bit strange, but since it was my first game ever I just played as he said. Though, somehow I still feel it is wrong. What say You?

PS: This is my first post here; I am new to Malifaux; but it really feels home! I am waiting for my Neverborn (Dreamer box, Daydreams, Teddy, and Doppelganger, plus books and accessories; yay!) shipment with impatience and excitement; being a veteran WH40K (Dark Angels and Orks) I am surprised my "miniature gaming" enthusiasm still lives... Curse you Greedy Workshop...

Keep up the good work Wyrd, You have a new friend and a follower...

Thank You!

I think I can help with these two things,

on the first point he was very wrong. It is once per turn per crew, meaning each crew may cast it once per turn not once for each crew in the game.

on the second, I believe the bearskin cloak makes them immune to :blast and :pulse. He would be immune to any blasts that come from the attacks but if the model was targetted by the attack it would still take the original damge from the weapon as it is not a blast. the bearskin armor makes the model immune to papa blowing up and take ya with me, but not the initial damge from the dynamite.

And of course, welcome to the forums

Ice pillars, create terrain leading up a new lot of 2 pillars being created every turn (so 6 turns, could have 12 pillars in play). As for the casting of Ice Pillars itself, is one casting per crew, as the pillars can be cast by Rasputina, Snowstorm, or Rasputina's Totem, but only one of them has the privilege of casting the spell each turn.

Another thing related more to my match than with the OP's post, so please excuse me if You consider it as a hijack (not my intention); but I would really like to know if this was right or not. My opponent stated that Bearskin Armor makes him not take any damage from my Papa Loco's Dynamite Stick / Thrown Dynamite attacks. It seemed a bit strange, but since it was my first game ever I just played as he said. Though, somehow I still feel it is wrong. What say You?

As for this part, Bearskin Armor makes her immune to the blast (:blast) damage but not if she was the target of the attack. So if Papa Loco was attacking Rasputina directly with the weapon, she would suffer the damage, however if she had the Essence of Power in base to base contact with her, and Papa Loco attacked the essence and got off a :blast she would not take any damage.

Edited by goblyn13

And of course, welcome to the forums

Thank You! ^^;

Ice pillars, create terrain leading up a new lot of 2 pillars being created every turn (so 6 turns, could have 12 pillars in play).

I count 1 Ice Pillars spell creating lot of 2 pillars. So by the Turn 6, his Rasputina (only) would cast 12 Ice Pillars (6x2), creating 12 pillar lots; ie 24 pillars... And that seemed wrong...

But I think I am clear with that now...

Well I think he did one more thing wrong, and that is that he used December Acolyte's ability From the Shadows to activate the model on top of Treasure counter and grab it in the first Turn... But that is for the other topic...

Thanks!

As for this part, Bearskin Armor makes her immune to the blast (:blast) damage but not if she was the target of the attack. So if Papa Loco was attacking Rasputina directly with the weapon, she would suffer the damage, however if she had the Essence of Power in base to base contact with her, and Papa Loco attacked the essence and got off a :blast she would not take any damage.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks. :nod:

Well I think he did one more thing wrong, and that is that he used December Acolyte's ability From the Shadows to activate the model on top of Treasure counter and grab it in the first Turn... But that is for the other topic...

Thanks!

The Acolyte's "From the Shadows" Ability:

From the Shadows: This model may be deployed after

all other models, in or behind any terrain more than

12” away from an enemy, or the objective of any

strategy or scheme. This model may not be targeted

by Charges or ranged attacks until it takes an Action

other than Pass if deployed this way. If multiple

models with this ability are in play players alternate

deploying them using the deployment order for Crews

In this case its understandable, you may want to have your opponent make sure he is using a v2 card that can be found in the Malifaux Matters column located to the left <--- which has the PDF with all the updated cards.

In this case its understandable, you may want to have your opponent make sure he is using a v2 card that can be found in the Malifaux Matters column located to the left <--- which has the PDF with all the updated cards.

Thanks!

EDIT: I apologize once again to the OP and community for sidetracking the thread a bit...