Malifaux VASSAL Module (Video

oconlan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, wow it has been a long time since I actually logged in here. I'd like to say that this venture would benefit me personally a ton, I love the the Malifaux system, but am 3 hours in either direction to any gaming stores. I play Vassal Warmahordes quite a bit and have been hunting around for a Malifaux module for quite some time, so excellent to see it in progress. I know that you probably don't need any more testers, but I would be happy to assist in that regard, I'm not very familiar with Malifaux as I have yet to be able to get even one game in, but am veeeery familiar with the Vassal Warmahordes module so could possibly gauge ease of use for someone new to Malifaux. Secondly, I would like to throw this out while you are in the development phase. How difficult would it be for you to include a hex/square overlay to facilitate playing Puppet Wars with the Vassal module. Ive been proxying Puppet Wars games with my Fiance and I believe Vassal with an overlay would lend itself very well to playing some puppet wars games. The counters are all readily available and easy to rename to suit your purpose, and if you've incorporated the number system from Warmahordes keeping track of Rips would be a breeze. The backbone is there and you wouldnt even really need to include separate model art, it would be easy to recycle the Malifaux art, being as most of the names are going to be the same. Anyhow just an idea, but as Puppet Wars is rapidly becoming one of my more favorite games I think including functionality for it would be amazing. Anyhow kudos on your work man, I think alot of people are going to be chomping at the bit for this module.

lovely to see progress been made. I like the layout for decks on the side, is there anyway to tailor the colour of the cards to match the pieces? Also, I see you are using the number label to track wounds, what do you do about 10+ wound models? One thing I thought you should do was do prototypes for all the different sized auras, then you can add them to all models which need them for spells. When you do this remember to make 3 different types for each aura size, to take into account base sizes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wild Speculation!!

So Wyrd must be on board....why would Owen work to complete the module otherwise?

Then what's the delay? My guess is that Wyrd wants nice 2d faeries... instead of just having a little circle that says Lady J on it....we'll get a nice 2d pic of her like the WM/Hordes one.

Guesses?