questions that arose today.

papasmrf667

Question

I just finished a game playing Ophelia where I lost to Rasputina. A few odd bits came up and I wrote them down so I could ask you guys.

1) Ice Gamin have the Df trigger Sub Zero, if your melee strike kills an ice gamin can it activate Sub zero (df trigger) and shatter?

2) Can you move through friendly models?

3) Does Armor help vs blasts and pulses

4)When casting at a model in hard cover does your Ca flip receive a negative and your target get armor 1 like a ranged strike sort of?

5) Do you have to have LoS to cast spells like Ice Pillars?

6) In regards to the ice pillars they were everywhere tonight haha just checking if that is right or do the go away in the closing phase?

Thanks for your help, we try to avoid rule discrepancies during the game so we just roll a die to decide then figure it out later. It has been working great.

Have a good one.

6 answers to this question

1) You have taken damage so yes you could use Sub Zero, You can only use 1 trigger, but Shatter isn't a trigger so that would go off as well

2) Nope, unless they were a spirit or had another ability that allowed you to move them (like the Malifaux Rats have)

3) Basic armour protects you from any Damage unless the source says ignores armour.

4) Only if the spell has the :ranged icon in it's range.

5) Ice Pillar doesn't target so you don't need LOS.

6) the Ice Pillar spell creates a Terrain piece that lasts till the end of the game.

3) Basic armour protects you from any Damage unless the source says ignores armour.

To further clarify because it can be tricky for new players, armor protects against Dg but not Wds

If an attack causes Wds out right then it will bypass any form of armor, spirit, and even Hard to Kill.

It works exactly like Ratty said, I just wanted to point out the distinction because it is not obvious to new players on first glance.