Sonnia's Flame Wall & Totems

Machen1

Question

If Sonnia casts Flame Wall, can a totem who is activated simulataneously as a companion also cast Flame Wall via magical extension, given that Flame Wall can only be cast once per activation? I'm presuming not, but clarification would be very helpful here.

In addition, what constitutes an activation is a little unclear here: can a totem cast Flame Wall in the same activation phase if not activated simultaneouly if Sonnis has already cast it?

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

I was sure it was once per turn, but looking at the v2 stat cards, it is indeed once per activation. It is a while since I played her.

In my head, this would mean the totem could also cast it in the same turn.

As far as I know, an activation consists of what goes on from the beginning of a model declaring it will activate until it can no longer perform actions.

EDIT: On re-reading, it seems you're worried about the companion activation messing with things. I don't think it does, they are still two separate activations.

Edited by Braindead

An activation is the from when you declare you are activating a model until you complete that models activation through using all its available activations points or pass.

As for the spell, even with Companion granting simultaneous activation each model is considered to be separate activations.

As for Sonnia's spell Flame wall, yes she can cast it once and then her totem can use magical extension to cast it once more.

An activation is the from when you declare you are activating a model until you complete that models activation through using all its available activations points or pass.

As for the spell, even with Companion granting simultaneous activation each model is considered to be separate activations.

As for Sonnia's spell Flame wall, yes she can cast it once and then her totem can use magical extension to cast it once more.

An answer that is more succinct and has a clarity greater than mine. Also it is by a RM. Also, I think I got the basics right.