Coriphee duet q's - gaining use soulstone + activations

magicsanderson

Hi all,

I'm fresh from a game against collette and 2 questions came up. Can I get your feedback?

Question 1:

The ability to gain "use soul stone" how long does this last for? Would this go at the end of the round or if you cast in the first turn would it last the whole game?

Question 2:

Can 2 corfeys activate, and in the 2nd ones activation they form into the duet. Does the duet get to activate that same turn?

Many thanks for your help, sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing this up quickly on my phone.

Tom

Question 2:

Can 2 corfeys activate, and in the 2nd ones activation they form into the duet. Does the duet get to activate that same turn?

This one's kind of subtle, check the rules for replacing a model. Basically, the duet doesn't get its own activation, it instead immediately finishes out the activation of the Coryphee. The AP the Coryphee already used, including dance together, count against what the duet will have available. Typically, this means that the duet takes one action for having Fast, plus it still gets its 9000 or so (0)-actions.

This one's kind of subtle, check the rules for replacing a model. Basically, the duet doesn't get its own activation, it instead immediately finishes out the activation of the Coryphee. The AP the Coryphee already used, including dance together, count against what the duet will have available. Typically, this means that the duet takes one action for having Fast, plus it still gets its 9000 or so (0)-actions.

replacing and summonning are indeed a big difference :)

as chipacabra said, replacing means you take every action the coryphee took in account. so the coryphe will only get the fast + the (0) action.

when it was summonded, it would receive slow but could still activate as normal (meaning 2 actions and 3 (0) actions)

One thing I was never sure about - if one of the coryphee had used the zero action (use soulstone) - would the duet have to use it again or does it inherit any effects on the existing models

replaced models inherit the effects on them, so you would have use soul stone. On the combining turn you get A LOT of zero action (7 I think). one of the best combos is having +2 Wp from a corphee, then combining to get WP8, and 10 within 4" of Colette. This is great for getting to Pandora. The downside is that you do not have as many actions