LadyJ Blindfighter clarification

poulpox

Question

Hello!

I think I had seen a thread about that once but can't find it anymore: we had a discussion yesterday about Blindfighter with my mate: LJ doesn't need LoS to charge, which he argued means she can literally strike through walls and such. That seemed not right; I said that yes she can Charge without LoS but to perform the Strike which is included in the Charge she still needs some LoS, hence can't strike a model through a brick wall, to which he replied that since the Strike is included in the Charge, and the Charge is legal without LoS the Strike is therefore legal too.

I'm a bit confused about this, but I couldn't find the rule to allow the Charge but prohibit the Strike through a wall, so we allowed it.

Anyone can help on this with RM support?

Thanks!

Thomas

8 answers to this question

My guess is that the answer is hidden within the Terrain section of the rules (don't have it to hand right now).

I would have thought (purely guessing) that if the models were within melee range after the charge and the wall was smaller in height than either model that the Strike would be legal, but a higher wall would Block the combat.

My guess is that the answer is hidden within the Terrain section of the rules (don't have it to hand right now).

I would have thought (purely guessing) that if the models were within melee range after the charge and the wall was smaller in height than either model that the Strike would be legal, but a higher wall would Block the combat.

Agreed, the strike still follows normal rules, she doesn't have to see the target when declaring the charge, but must end with target in melee (not behind a wall) to make the strike

Agreed, the strike still follows normal rules, she doesn't have to see the target when declaring the charge, but must end with target in melee (not behind a wall) to make the strike

That's what I was saying but my friend said that since the Strike is part of the Charge, not a different action, and the Charge is legal therefore the strike is legal. I just need the right spot in the RM to explain it.

That's what I was saying but my friend said that since the Strike is part of the Charge, not a different action, and the Charge is legal therefore the strike is legal. I just need the right spot in the RM to explain it.

But she doesn't get permision to ignore LoS for the Charge. Check the wording again. The permission is to ignore the LoS when declaring the Charge. After that, when you move the Charge, execute the strike and so on, the rule doesn't work anymore.

But she doesn't get permision to ignore LoS for the Charge. Check the wording again. The permission is to ignore the LoS when declaring the Charge. After that' date= when you move the Charge, execute the strike and so on, the rule doesn't work anymore.

Hehe, exactly what I said to my mate.

Hehe, exactly what I said to my mate.

Tell him to look at the Lilith card and see the difference. Sometimes the intent behind the subtle difference in wording isn't obvious, until you realize there is a difference. Lilith can charge same as Lady J and on the top of that she can Strike through walls. Lady J can't and it's all in the wording.

And if you need a good reference for Lilith ruling (which can help here a bit too), here you go, a nice fresh v2 thread:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18234&highlight=master+malifaux+walls