Hex and Pine Box

PlasticBoy

Question

So an interesting opportunity arose in a game last night. My opponent used a Guild Marshal to Pine Box his own Papa Loco.

My Zoraida had the opportunity to Hex Pine Box off that Guild Marshal. I ended up doing something else because I couldn't tell what would happen.

Pine Box reads that the buried model comes back if it passes WP duel at closing phase, the Guild Marshal dies, or the Marshal casts Pine Box on someone else. All of this is contained in the Pine Box spell. So if Zoraida uses Hex to completely remove the Pine Box spell, what happens to the buried model?

6 answers to this question

Model buried is under the effect of the spell and still follows the rules of the spell. This means they still do the wp test because it is the spell's effect that requires not the ability to cast it again. As for Marshal be just loses the ability to cast again.

Agreed, the spells' effects are applied to papa loco, including when it ends, it does not change when the spell is hexed off

If you hexed off the ability it would not be able to use it again, but it wouldn't remove any effects created by that ability.

You wouldn't be able to Dispel the effect on the buried model as the model with the effect on it is not in play.