Zorida as a demo force

pixelgeek

I was going to take some Malifaux figs to my FLGS and was wondering if Zorida makes a good Neverborn Master to use to introduce the game? The Ortegas seem like a good choice but Zorida is more of a "mess your opponent up" Master and I was curious if that made her more difficult for beginners to use?

Is there anything else I would need to get in addition to the Lillth boxed set?

I assume that the mature Nephilim is there for one of the Terror Tots to turn into or does the set need an additional Mature Nephilim?

The Terror Tots can grow into Young Nephilim (which are not in the box) and the Young can grow into Mature Nephilim.

So the best bet is the starter box plus a blister of Young Nephilim which contains two of them.

I dissent here. I think Zoraida is a great demo master. The concept of Obey is very simple - make a model do an action or charge - and brings a tactical element to the game without lots of convoluted special rules. Perdita kills stuff dead while Z turns Dita's own models against her.

Agreed, I've had great experience with Z for demos

While I've never used her in a demo game apart from one I was overseeing, I can't see her being that tricky for new players. Stuff like Bayou Two Card seem to me as ideal for showing the importance of watching one's deck. Most of her casting spells are simple enough.

Also, she is the epitomy of having a good totem (who shows off the summoning mechanic) which covers another base. As people have said, Obey is a simple spell to understand, but it also gives an idea of the other strengths a master might have apart from the Lilith vs Perdita match-up.

Letting people get to attack Z is also good. She is tougher to kill than most people think with a cursory glance at her card.

On reflection, maybe a simple demo of a couple of models to show basic mechanics and then one with Z might be good.

P.S. Boobs

If the people you are showing it to are experienced in other games, they may understand Zoraida.

Personally, I think there's a lot going on in her boxed set that may confuse newer players. Conversely you can say that this will show them much of the game's mechanics while simpler starter crews will stick to the basics.

It's your call really, but you can always start off slow (Lilith) and then move on to the more advanced stuff (Zoraida).