Obey Sucks

Calmdown

It is more fluff wise. She is such a powerful figure she intimidates people to her will.

Yeah, I get that.

And every once in a while you can do something cool/funny.

But if it doesn't boost her power level in game, I just...don't care? Her power level is fine because of everything else.

At its worst its simply useless text. And its best it's fluffy and manipulative. So I pose this to the OP, why NOT have Obey on Perdita? Sure, you may think it's useless, but does she really even need another ability to make her useful?

Same question for the nephilim because its combat skills, and Abuela because of her other abilities.

I mean if Obey just simply disappeared from these models would they be under powered? Probably not.

Edited by Justin

I slightly disagree Perdita is not that tough against melee attacks or swarms. Yeah 8 defense, but a low wound count for a master and a soulstone cache, with higher coat synergy models. Without obey on her she would be played more in the front field. I tend to keep her back and use her as a control master with obey.

She is a tier one master, but lose of obey would drop her a tier. Not saying that is a bad thing but it is a significant point. Her versatility would be significantly reduced, and her play style would be more predictable.

If you literally deleted obey from Perdita, she would still be strong.

So if it doesn't work too well for her...meh?

Yeah I definitely cringed when I first noticed that she had Obey. Perdita got Zoraida's main offensive capability almost as an afterthought. Not that Perdita would use it anywhere near as much as Zoraida, but still.

I do agree that the EN is just afoul, he just doesn't have what it takes to lose those two SSs. Abuela has her uses but i can't say she makes the cut to often for me. On Perdita I tend to find better things to do then make Nino take another shot or what not but i certainly don't mind having it as an option.

though i feel i should point out that i rarely make to much use of companion. tend to split my crew into teams to cover multiple angles and get my opponents to divide there crew or at least make them choose where to engage me leaving others free to do strategies and schemes. So maybe obey just doesn't fit into my style. but building a crew to take advantage of obey, I'm sorry just run Zorida and save yourself some trouble.

I like obey with Nino. Nino outranges Peredita by a good bit. If she only has one AP left and Nino has already activated, then obey is a good choice.

I routinely run my enlsaved nephilim with Nino, and usually activate it last, after the opponent has used a lot of cards. Headshot is a pain in the ass. I don't think the 2 soul stone cost for the enslaved nephilim is too much to pay for another chance of a successful headshot.