Clarification on Viktorias Whirlwind Trigger

shuttler

Question

Hey there,

we were playing last night and Viktoria was up against two models in melee.

On her first action she successfully trigger whirlwind on to an adjacent model won the combat and then declared a trigger again with the whirlwind and jumped back for another attack on the first model all under the same action.

Is this legal? It seemed amazing to pull off as I then still had actions to spend.

6 answers to this question

Hey back :)

I have always been told that triggers can not activate off of triggered actions (ie. "Onslaught" can not trigger off of an attack that was triggered by "Onslaught")

However, when I decided to help answer your question I looked through the rule book to give you a page reference so you could look in the rule book for clarification, but nowhere in the rulebook am I able to find where it isn't possible to continuously trigger actions. If someone knows where it says this in the book it would be great if you could post it up here, otherwise it looks to me like you can, in fact, do what you did with the Vics.

You certainly can do that shuttler as long as you keep flipping the masks you can keep triggering. Because each attack triggered from whirlwind/onslaught/overpower is a new action except in these cases they just don't cost AP.

What you can't do is use more than one trigger per action, so rasputina couldn't trigger overpower as well as surge assuming she has the suits from using a soulstone.

If you were attacking Seamus and triggered whirlwind you could make a new strike against the Copycat sitting next to it. As it's a new strike you can get triggers just like the same one, if you triggered whirlwind again then it could bounce back and give you another strike on Seamus.