Legion of Sorrows box and then...

Gop

I had the same idea and went for Teddy after the box set. Although he doesn't integrate that much with Pandora's WP abilities, he's a lot of fun. He adds some combat punch to the crew and he gives your opponent something big and nasty to worry about.

Don't be discouraged by the fact that there are other models that might synergise better - if you like the look of Teddy, go for it! :)

Mike

The Teddy is fun to run for the thematic purposes and can add a melee monster to a mostly caster list. That said a lot of player prefer to support Pandora's willpower tests by bring models that cause willpower tests.(see models suggested above.)

But if you like Teddy go ahead and proxy him and see if it something you like. He is very nasty when Pandora gets off her WP trigger and Teddy eats the falling back model. Just don't expect him to live long if you put him out front.(Big "please come and kill me" should be painted on him in bright red.)

STOP! Wiki Time: http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20701

Yup everyone is right on the money with this. You have a number of ways you can expand beyond the box set and Teddy, Madness, and the Doppelganger are all good ways to go. But I heavily recommend you play with just the core box set in 25ss games for a while. It is THE best way to learn how to play Pandora and get used to maxamizing your Sorrows and Wp duels along with Pandora's movement effects.

Jack Daw is... meh. Some love him, I personally don't like him that much. He always seems to bite me in the ass more then help *grumbles* It also comes down to just pure preference. The great thing with Pandora is, any model that can work for her that looks cool... will work well with her.

I wouldn't recommend Jack Daw to a beginner player. He's got more rules than most Masters and when facing other starting players who haven't had much experience against him, his unique style of resiliance won't win you many friends.

Also, I tend to think that Mr Daw might be a little too card hungry for the also card-hungry Pandora, although it's been a while since I used her so I could be wrong.

There's plenty of other options that work just fine in a Pandora crew - I'd go with those instead.

Peronally I'd recommend Teddy, although theme and the model has alot to do with that. ;)

- I'm somewhat new and picked up Pandora's box and she's great. With her I also run 2 stiched togethers, 1 doppleganger, and 1 teddy. I love my list. Teddy has worked great for me. Go for it! I built my list purely on theme but the synergy is amazing. Let us know if you get Teddy and how you do. There's a lot to learn.

- Don't forget to read Karn's Tactica. It helped me tons.

Barby

Re JackDaw, here's a few reasons I rate him with Pandora -

1- Severed Ties. A 6" aura where models can't cheat or use soulstones to change duel totals is amazing (esp as JackDaw can still cheat his hand) as long as you keep Pandora outside of the bubble and cast into it. Start with Project emotions to put people/masters on negative flips, use your own soulstones to boost your total and you're in for some amazing flips :)

2- His triggers are great for getting rid of opponents cards, both require them to discard two cards, and even without the trigger they have to discard one card. This makes it harder for them to beat Pandora in a WP duel.

3 - He's terrifying->13 , which within 12" of Pandora even non-living and other terrifying models have to take. Combined with severed ties and a negative flip from project emotions this is very powerful - esp if you can get project emotions off before the enemy models activate in his melee range.

4 - His attacks are Ca->Wp which mean wounds from Pandora when he wins a duel. Even his disengaging strikes (against models who lose a morale duel for example ;)) do damage in this way.

5 - He's a spirit so can move up the field through terrain and other models, and his mechanic makes it very hard for enemy models to kill him.

6 - Link a sorrow to him and move him up into the enemy for the 3" sorrow bonus. This gives you a 10" move with the sorrow, you can still go through terrain (as the sorrow is pushed at the end), gives you extra wounds from models failing morale duels/attack duels and he doens't take a wound from the sorrow when it activates.

7. He's great for things like treasure hunt as it's hard to get the treasure off him once he's picked it up due to his mechanic.

TIP - Take him alongside a Doppleganger so you likely win initiative and can get severed ties off first activation (opponents love this ;)). Also use the DG to copy emotional trauma to get an extra wound per failed WP resist.

Just some ideas :)

In all honesty, Jack Daw + Pandora is very effective in most cases. Personally I agree with Rathnard on the card drain, I think that hurts more then he is worth to me.

But when he does work, he is really mean with her. With Pandora already being a mean Master as it is... I would never use this against someone you enjoy playing against. But that said, play how you want =)

Well, poltergeist is Pandora's unique totem and usually people grab those. People don't seem to be talking too much about it though, is it bad or something? I would not know 8/

Regards,

TV

Pandora doesn't need it is the thing about it. It can do a whole lot and has some activation control built into it, but those 2ss may be better in her cache then as a totem. See the entry about it in my tactica for more info though. I go into it deeply. =)

Am I alone in thinking that the answer to the question is: "anything you pick will work with Pandora"?

If you add melee you have a different option in melee.

Ranged.

Denial.

WP additional tests.

Healing.

Speed.

You cannot go wrong. She'll run fine with anything.

I said that! =D

It also comes down to just pure preference. The great thing with Pandora is, any model that can work for her that looks cool... will work well with her.

Any model she can take will work great for her in one way or another which is probably my favorite part about her.

Well, poltergeist is Pandora's unique totem and usually people grab those. People don't seem to be talking too much about it though, is it bad or something? I would not know 8/

Regards,

TV

From experience, the poltergeist is great if you're running Alps as models (unfortunately including your own - you'll only get that wrong once ;)) activating in base contact get slow. Even without Alps this has been quite useful against some heavy hitting models at crucial moments. But overall, like Karn says, it's a bit of a "nice to have" (usually for activation control) but you won't miss it.

If you do want a totem, look at the Primodial Magic - it has a better cast and Arcane Reservoir which gets you a 7 card hand (very useful)

I prefer Poltergeist over Primordial Magic, myself. PM gains +1 :tomes Ca and an extra control card in exchange for 3 Df and 1 Wp, in addition to an assortment of Wp tests and the ability to induce Slow without a test. I'd rather have my totem survive longer and do more than Magical Extension each turn, but that's just me. If I want arcane reservoir I'll hire Jack Daw.

On a broader note, I think part of the problem with Poltergeist's "nice to have" is, with Pandora, everything is "nice to have" and nothing's really auto-include. This makes her very flexible, but difficult to recommend a core crew for.