Ideas for table using scenery items I already have.

shuttler

I want to make a Malifaux 3x3 table using items I have that are in my stockpile to save cash.

I'm happy to invest in a few bits n pieces but I have random stuff so I'm struggling to come up with a theme for the table.

I've got:

A board covered in a citadel battlemat

A citadel modular gaming hill

A Dreadstone Blight

A Citadel Wood

lots of resin ruined pillars/columns

A few Saxon/thatched style buildings and a lookout tower from Grand Manner

None of it really ties together, well the citadel stuff does and is pretty generic. I like the Saxon buildings to paint up, but they aren't really malifaux style or are they?

You could do an 'edge of the forest' style village, with the saxon buildings. Some piles of logs to show they're woodsman, surrounded by a creepy forest (The citadel trees are great for this, just get a few extras).

You could even have the ruined pillars/columns as a ruined shriney temple thing in the woods (like amon sul, but not...).

So have one side of the board as a village, with the woods on the other, with a gap in the middle. Make some nice wee movable bits like log piles, maybe a well etc. And then have a clearing in the woods with a ruined shrine?