Lady J 35ss crew

Scurry

thinking of starting Lady J as my next master and wondered what a good crew for her would be, im thinking:

Lady Justice

Governor's Proxy - 2

Death Marshall - 4

Death Marshall - 4

Witchling Stalker - 4

Witchling Stalker - 4

Judge - 7

Samael Hopkins - 8

leaves Lady J 6ss in her cache

Nino will usually be better than Samael in my opinion, but if you're getting that crew, looking at the models you may as well buy the Sonnia boxset to let you expand at a later date for brawls etc, if you want.

I'd also have the judge and executioner exchangeable, but then again I haven't used my judge yet, should be using him soon so can't really say where he stands compared to my executioner.

My final thought would be to change one of the 4pt models for 2 desp. mercs to boost early game activations up, but then again I'm a massive fan boy of theirs!

I would disagree with desperate mercs great for slaughter but terrible for just about every other strategy. 8 models is enough activation. Average 35ss is 7-9 models.

Judge is great with lady j because he can keep up. Executioner is too slow for her, with melee expert it helps, but I find I take him less and less, and the judge more. Try 5 melee attacks a turn with judge at cb 7/8. I can't think of too many masters that can stand to to that.

As for your turret, Sam is great against arcanist but I would ease him out for Santiago, Nino, or Ryle, all of which are your better turret options. If all you are getting is Sonia and lady j box, the list you have works great I have run it a few times.

"I would disagree with desperate mercs great for slaughter but terrible for just about every other strategy"

Any chance you could expand on your view of them being terrible for every other strategy?

Good to know you think judge is better than fatboy, can't wait for my judge to arrive.

Edited by ukrocky

I like to use two Guild Austringers instead of Nino. You get two models for twn ss, which isn't a bad trade off. Plus you get to ignore LoS and cover, and you can make up to one 18" strike.

I really like the Judge, Period. His spells are great (esp. Blades and Bullets, and Bullets and Blades), and his damage isn't bad either. Plus you get Flurry.

I also Like Francisco and Santiago Ortega. I usually pair them together, because I like to use Companion (Family) to keep them together; they are my go getters.

Insignificant and lower wounds make them hard to maneuver for marker based strategies. Also they start getting expensive if you want to keep them on the board.

They are great for slaughter because of their superb damage output, and since you sac them they won't count for your opponents vp, unless your oppenent kills them, then they are only worth 2 ss, not that much.

3 turns won't allow them get that far on the board and do much, if you want to utilizing them you will have to be extremely bold with them, leaving them open to be attacked. They are a distraction, that can generally be avoided or ignored. Plus, a death marshal has far more damage output with with range and s2d.

I like the look of the list, its similar to what I'm planning when I pick up the sonnia box set. Though generally I too would swap out Samael for Nino, or an Austringer or two. Reminds me I must use the Judge more as I tend to use the Executioner more as Love the Job keeps him around a lot longer.

I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have some questions on Lady J as well.

I am going to a tourny in June and I am trying to decide on a list.

The question I have on Lady J is do you guys use the Scales of Justice. I am including a watcher in my list so I thought that with the Scales will give me some nice card control.

Also being able to give a model a + or - flip is nice.

But the Governor's proxy is the same price, adds WP and is able to cast Lady J's spell which gives Melee Expert easier.

So should I just go for the Governor as my totem ?

I dont mean to hijack this thread but I have some questions on Lady J as well.

I am going to a tourny in June and I am trying to decide on a list.

The question I have on Lady J is do you guys use the Scales of Justice. I am including a watcher in my list so I thought that with the Scales will give me some nice card control.

Also being able to give a model a + or - flip is nice.

But the Governor's proxy is the same price, adds WP and is able to cast Lady J's spell which gives Melee Expert easier.

So should I just go for the Governor as my totem ?

The Scales of Justice can cast one of Lady J's spells per turn, just like Gov's Proxy. (All Totems have Magical Extension or something similar (Hollow Waif's is different)). Some players get hung up on the Gov's Proxy because if you fail a Morale duel, you lose the model. They are both good choices.

I run the Scales with my Lady J crew. I like Balance and Tip the Scales, as I tend to send him out with the Death Marshals.