Sewer board WIP

thatnicguy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brick pattern on the floor was hand pressed into the floor using a slightly flattened piece of brass rod (minds out of the gutter). In all there are at least 2,000 of those, thankfully I was able to get a lot of help. The brick pattern on the walls came from a textured wall paper (dulling it down a bit by priming and repainting it is one of my future revisions).

Yes five complete 3' X 3' boards in about a week and a half. You can see all of them in this post here.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry Colette crew still derailing sewer board progress, but at least im getting both done, plan now will be to try and finish both for local tournament at end of august, crew is a must board is a big i hope so.

finally finished my first performer, i had painted this fig twice with a colour scheme in mind and i just could not get it to work so shelved the model and worked on the cory and mannequin first while doing them decided i would have two groups of the three figs (cory, mannequin and performer) wearing the same colours. unify the crew and i like it thematically, performer works in the show, the mannequin is a walking dress mannequin and the coryphee is the assassin version of the mannequin, which as people become accustomed to seeing the mannequins around the coryphee could hide in plain sight.

im happier with the model than i am with the photos of it, still need to play around with phone a bit see if i can get better ones or tweak them in photoshop.

041.jpg

043.jpg

yeah pics could be a lot better, also bases are all getting a spruce up as soon as i find some time.

Edited by thatnicguy

ok finally got to the board again, nothing too exciting, i finished off all the ground level, what iv done is painted it all one colour then drawn on a brick/tile pattern with pencil and the with a permanent marker, i saw it drawn like this on some landscape plans. The design done in places just to give the impression rather than doin the entire surface. then i gave the whole lot a coat of varnish, i want the lowest level to look like water is leaking and has flooded it but only an inch or two deep, so you would be splashing about but not at risk of drowning. when i get to doin small detail there will b a lot of little pipes and some of the big ones with water flowing onto the floor.

021.jpg

and this is the first cardboard raised section which iv detailed, that took ages and there are three more to do the same way :( hopefully i get quicker! with the barrels on it looks great but now i cant decide wether to stick them down or place em around each game! want to get some crates too so will wait till i have them then decide

022.jpg

starting to see some progress cant wait to get to the middle section and detail up a big block

not the best pic, i will try and get some closer ones as i do more to these pieces. have been working on putting the barrels and crates together in piles, i intend to add small detail to each one, a friend passed on the coffins which im really chuffed with, love the idea of them just laying around. i have the cat from the malifaux base extras packs a few tentacles some other bits and pieces. i really want to have a little detail or two on each one so theres something every time you look, rats eating a disembodied hand was a good idea that got passed around, will also try drape some canvas over some of them

005-2.jpg

better pic soon!

Great work so far. Are you still planning on doing water effects for the floor? Be careful it doesn't warp on you...

Have put a water effect down already but I used a thin coat of gloss polyurethane more for the different sheen level than for any illusion of thickness so no warping yet :)

And I have been further distracted, my brother picked me up a new crew for my birthday and I got myself an airbrush. I put these pics when asking for help with said airbrush so sorry if anyones seen em already

007-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Yay zombies!

Edited by thatnicguy

It took me three nights to figure out the airbrush (find cries for help elsewhere on forum) but once I got it I sprayed the four spa's and the des engine as easily as you would with a spray pack, say half hour with setup, then light drybrush and inked em all later that night another twenty (but for all five figs) then the final detail today took about twenty again :)

I work pretty manically, for example threw the first coat over pants then while that dried I gave the skin a final highlight with fine detail brush then highlight the then dry pants then base coat the mechanical stuff while that dries blacked in the braces etc