Fan made Malifaux Tactica Wikia: PullMyFinger

karn987

ANNOUNCEMENT!

PullMyFinger Malifaux Tactica Wiki is Live!

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/

Lalochezia, Rathnard, and myself(Karn987) have begun a project to create a Malifaux Tactica Wiki to help centralize all of the amazing Tactica's and information out on the forums right now. The site will have:

• Detailed Tactica articles on every Master, Henchmen, Totem, and Minion in the game!
  • Model Errata as per Rules Marshal's Rulings.
  • Rules Clarifications as per Rules Marshal's Rulings.
  • Rising Power Card Changes.
  • New Player Introduction Articles.
  • Other Helpful Articles concerning Malifaux and gaming.
  • Fan Art.

As you can imagine the scope of this project is enormous to say the least. There is still a lot of work to be done and many articles that need to be written and Master's that need attention. But we are announcing the site now in hopes that many of you in the community will want to pick up a pen and help us finish this!

Many parts of it will require ongoing updates as long as Malifaux lives and breaths, especially the Errata and Clarification sections which will need constant updating. So we urge you to go and take a look and if you think you can/want to contribute, register on the wiki with your name there matching your forum name here if you have a forum account here. We won't refuse any help. Please read the Helping Out section before you register though.

Read it Here: http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Helping+Out

As this wiki grows, it will become more and more of a community effort. But before we released it, there were several amazing individuals who worked really hard to get this stuff up for you guys to browse through and build off of. They truly deserve some applause as they have not only contributed on Master/Crew articles but in many other places on the site and to the spirit of this project. Without these hardworking people, the Wikia would not be even half as complete as it is. So I am honored to extend our thanks to them.

I also want to thank everyone who has put time into this project by writing articles, proof reading, contributing art, etc. Thank you everyone! We still have a lot of work to do so keep up the hard work!

Edited by karn987

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is cool, very excited to see this grow. Tactica format is easy to read. As for technical edits would you suggest just submitting that section for review?

The starting malifaux section was great.

Mistakes will happen, no doubt about that. We are still trying to work out a system for how to deal with more complex mistakes such as a core rule that master uses suddenly coming up for a large debate.

For minor fixes, if you are registered, just make the fix and save the update. We can view the complete history on any page so we will check them frequently and hopefully the author of any page will also try to keep tabs on those pages as best as they can. Sadly there is no way to submit something for review through the wiki (at least that we have found... would be awesome if there was something like that).

For bigger edits, its probably best to start a discussion on that pages Discussion section and go from there. Hopefully someone will get back to you on it quickly. If you want to use that to submit suggested changes, that should work fine to. Just put the text as you would write it there. Otherwise if you want to add to an unfinished section, go right ahead. Just read the Helping out Section and be sure to look at the established pages as examples of how we want things formatted and the level of detail we are looking for.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this, we are always open to any of them! Especially for the edits process, we are trying to keep this open to community involvement without the need to heavily restrict editing rights.

Edited by karn987

If you requested to join the wiki before the time stamp of this post ^ you have been accepted.

Have fun!

P.S. If you want to link the hell out of this thing on any other sites (in areas where linking it would be appropriate of course) feel free! We want this thing to be accessible to beginners.

Just want to give a thanks to all the new people who have joined up over the last day! Some have already begun to scour the reams of information there and fix little bits here and there. Thank you for your effort so far and keep up the good work!

For those who are interested, we currently have nothing for the following Masters/henchmen:

• Sonnia
  • McMourning
  • Seamus
  • Marcus
  • Viktoria
  • Hamelin
  • Von Schill
  • Collidi
  • Lucius
  • Molly

We'll endeavor to try and keep posting any major updates on this thread so be sure to keep an eye on it and give us feedback! We are listening (or rather reading in this case >.> ).

This is an AWESOME idea and even better site. I am reluctant to advise newbs on it until I read it all!

Thanks to you guys, many, many, thanks!

After reading it, if it's not good enough...fix it!

EVERYONE: If you see typos, incorrect stats, things you disagree with, incorrect tags...jump in! Make an account, fix the problem! That is what the page exists for.

We want your help.

Because we are lazy.

And be we I mean Karn.

Karn is lazy.

:D

After reading it, if it's not good enough...fix it!

EVERYONE: If you see typos, incorrect stats, things you disagree with, incorrect tags...jump in! Make an account, fix the problem! That is what the page exists for.

We want your help.

Because we are lazy.

And be we I mean Karn.

Karn is lazy.

:D

:sleeping:

Sand has put up a very well dona tactica for hamlin I would ask if he would mind if you toss it up.

Oh yeah, he was invited and joined.

I assume he hasn't had time.

In the mean time, others are welcome to edit Hamelin and start it. (Or any other page for that matter, as it is a wiki)

Love the write-ups so far. Really making me want to add to my collection(s).

Not sure where to comment on this, but:

I noticed that the Ophelia tactica states: "Kill Ophelia! Without her, none of the Kin may companion each other to activate at once."

I thought all of the Kin had the ability: Companion (Kin), which, if I'm not mistaken, would allow any Kin model to activate first and have all other kin within range activated afterwards, regardless of whether Ophelia is dead or alive. Am I mistaken in this? (and if so, why?)

They have the ability:

"Gremlin Kin: this model gains Companion (Kin) while a friendly Ophelia LaCroix is in play."

No Ophelia, no companion.

Also, there is a discussion tab on the upper portion of each page and Ophelia's discussion would be a perfect place for this question. There is also a discussion tab on the home page for any general site stuff, which is looking lonely right now.

:)

Frikkin' awesome work guys, and I will certainly be dipping in and out of this little beauty for years to come!

I see you have the fan art up and running. If you ever want any fan fiction, feel free to steal my stuff! ;)

I think we would be more then happy to host Black and his wonderful adventures. I don't think we want a whole fan fic section just because the forums here do a better job of it.

But if you want to, request to join and then I can make a section for you since you've gone quite a long way with Black. You can pretty them up even more if you want, do some fancy stuff with the page they are on etc. It would be up to you what you want to do.