H: LED Ice Pillars!

LoboStele

Updated first post with new pictures and information. Should be clear now how to order, and what they cost.

Thanks to everyone who has been interested so far. As I noted now, I WILL be at GenCon, so if folks are interested in some of these, let me know now, as I will need time to build them before the Con. Then I can hand deliver them to folks!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, I see what you did there. I like it. I actually have some of those crystal things in red. Couldn't ID them till I saw the closer up picture. Very nice work.

Thanks! I had fun building them for myself, and then several of the locals guys expressed interest. So I figured I would offer them up to the general Malifaux community. I know doing circuits and soldering isn't something everyone knows how to do, and it took me a while to get good at it. So I like offering that help to others. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very interesting Mr. Stele. I was considering sculpting a flame structure and adding the LEDs for Flame Wall. I like the use of the frosted "gems" though. I'm pretty sure Litco has 3d flame pieces that you could use for Flame Wall in addition to your current build process that would satisfy the flame look.

Very interesting Mr. Stele. I was considering sculpting a flame structure and adding the LEDs for Flame Wall. I like the use of the frosted "gems" though. I'm pretty sure Litco has 3d flame pieces that you could use for Flame Wall in addition to your current build process that would satisfy the flame look.

Yeah, I've seen Litko's stuff. It works nicely, but doesn't really blend with how the Ice Pillars look. So far, I've been quite pleased with these.

I'm about ready to start making some of these again. Although, with Avatar Pandora now released, and she has 50mm Hollows of Despair markers she can create, looks like I need to figure out how to make these do red, blue, AND...green? For some reason, I see Hollows of Despair as green. :D (That, and it's the easiest to wire up, lol)

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe, just maybe, the red, blue, green alternating LED's are what is needed? Available at your local home improvement store for anywhere from $1 to $4. They come in solar lights, Maybe Radio Shack has just the LED.

Yeah, I have some of those already. It's actually how I do the red/blue pillars already, and just cut off the green lead. The trick I'm having at this point is either finding switches or figuring out how to configure it to allow me to use all 3 colors. Oddly enough, places don't really make 3-pole switches that are small enough, haha.

• 3 months later...
I am new to malifaux and use raspy, silent one and snow storm so I need pillars, however I live in Australia so I want pillars in blue obviously and switch would be great could you find out shipping cost to victoria... and id be after maybe 6

Hi! Thanks for the interest! I'll send you a PM with the details!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine just arrived last night, very quickly with great communication all along the way.

Me: "Oh, a package. I wonder what it is."

My Roommates in Unison: "More Malifaux stuff."

Me (opening the box): "Oh, yay! Ice and fire pillars! Guys, check this out!"

My Roommates in Unison: "OOooooOooOoooo."

Edited by Hateful Darkblack

• 4 months later...

Big ol' BUMP!

I'll be at GenCon again this year, and I actually have a few of these already built right now. So, if you'll be at GenCon too, and want some of these, let me know ASAP so I have time to build them. Or, if you're not going to be at GenCon and are interested, let me know too!

I enjoy building these and spreading the LED-goodness around the community. Heck, these would be fun additions to your 'Dead Heat' campaign games, even just for terrain addition, to show the destruction and fires around town. :)

Big ol' BUMP!

I'll be at GenCon again this year, and I actually have a few of these already built right now. So, if you'll be at GenCon too, and want some of these, let me know ASAP so I have time to build them. Or, if you're not going to be at GenCon and are interested, let me know too!

I enjoy building these and spreading the LED-goodness around the community. Heck, these would be fun additions to your 'Dead Heat' campaign games, even just for terrain addition, to show the destruction and fires around town. :)

Then you can do crazy stuff like selling them to some crazy resser mid-tourney :D

• 2 weeks later...