35ss Leviticus list, what do you think?

Inari82

Leveticus 4 extra ss

Canine remains 2ss

2x Necropunks 6ss

4x SPA. 12ss

Killjoy. 11ss

Using the SPA as a desolation engine delivery turn one. The remains as a turn one second waif. And the Necropunks as a killjoy delivery system. After that it just turns into a slaughter with Levi coming up the middle and poking people before perishing himself ( oh darn!).

What do you think?

That's a popular and solid list for Leveticus, it focuses heavily on melee combat which would be it's big drawback. By not using Ryle or Alyce you only have Leveticus for ranged support (not that you need a whole lot more) so you may have issues with some crews.

But Necropunks have long made great delivery systems for Killjoy. I suppose another possible issue is that all your hopes are put on Killjoy and the Desolation Engine along with Leveticus. So you will be a bit down on models once things get going, but Leveticus has always seemed to do well in these situations any way. Plus if you lose any SPA's you can always make more from their Scrap Counters etc.

Over-all, I know it to be a solid list. I've personally never used it, but Killjoy is a great model and it's hard to beat the SPA's for potency when you have 4 of them.

But don't rush the delivery of the Desolation Engine. Have them lurk a bit and bring him in when you need him, if you rush to get him he will end up half dead before he reaches combat.

I've found that with the SPA's you move once, then use that ability that makes them not be able to be the targets of ranged abilities. Then when it's time to form voltron and wreck house.

As for the Necropunks, I like them for the killjoy because of slow to die. My opponent needs to decide to either kill the punks and deal with killjoy or let the punks harass them throughout the game.

Ah, I forgot about the Necropunks having S2D. I wouldn't necessarily plan on using a Necropunk to summon Killjoy, but I would definitely keep it in mind as an option. Might be worth running 1 Necropunk and 1 Watcher. The Watcher would be nice as it would give you a bit more card control, in addition to what Levi already can do.

A solid list. Yeah, I would use Levi to deliver Killjoy, I love Necropunks for their mobility and Objective grabbing capability, I think they would be much better kept alive then saccing them for Killjoy (esentially making him cost 14ss eeek). Once the Desi and Killjoy are out, you'll be down to a low model count and are likely going to be outactivated. Again, as Karn said, this isn't a huge deal with Levi as he can take on quite a bit by himself, but it's still useful to keep some extra models for those activations.

I've personally never used Killjoy, in offensive lists I prefer to go with a balance of range and melee, taking alyce and/or ryle, and then a couple melee heavy hitters (usually don't have enough points for Killjoy at that point) and I've had some success with it.

I don't know about you guys, but I would really like to see some cheap ranged constructs in book 3, since ryle is really the only one and I don't consider him "cheap" exactly lol.

Well, I think the Watcher could be quite solid in that regard, and can really help Ryle or Alyce, as well as Levi's Unnatural Wasting spell, by helping to ignore the cover bonuses. Plus, they are Significant with pretty decent movement. PLUS, they give the card advantages I mentioned above. They won't do near as much damage as the Necropunks might, but certainly a good option instead.

Hmmm the watcher's lack of damage over the Necropunk may just be worth it for allowing Levy to bypass the Cover Negative Flip for Unnatural Wastings... that is his work-horse spell after all never mind what its going to do for Alyce and Ryle. I'll have to give this a try... good thinking.

If nothing else they can give you some card manipulation power and their speed will let them cap objectives with ease. They are not insignificant I think either.