Off Topic Playground

When I dream about other jobs, I dream about making scenic resin bases or selling art photography.  I never want to do anything practical.

My dream job is this: 

misbehave_mal_firefly_zps3e227419.gif

Since spaceship captain isn't an option, I'd love to be doing some marketing stuff. No idea how/why I ended up an attorney.

Not too bad. Looking for other work while, umm, at work. Because Mik is an exemplary employee.

You can move to Finland and we can start our own business. Law and Order. If the law part fails (that's you) then the order part comes in (that's me) it's either pay up or lose a leg. How come no one thought of this before? 

• Like 1

You can move to Finland and we can start our own business. Law and Order. If the law part fails (that's you) then the order part comes in (that's me) it's either pay up or lose a leg. How come no one thought of this before? 

Yes. This would work brilliantly!

I believe that's called "extortion" in the States... but hey, maybe you just don't have a word for that over there? ;)

Extortion? Nah, it's called.. Um.. Forced payment. Kinda like what all the business' do, they just add more debt to your bills. Kinda the same thing?

Dammit, if everyone is going to Finland, I'm coming too.  I need Salmari.

What is with you guys and salmiakkikossu!? :D 

Also Mik, I'm going to the post on monday, I'll ask what the shipment of that stuff would cost. 

I believe that's called "extortion" in the States... but hey, maybe you just don't have a word for that over there? ;)

Extortion? Nah, it's called.. Um.. Forced payment. Kinda like what all the business' do, they just add more debt to your bills. Kinda the same thing?

It's not extortion. Or a protection fee. It's simply a payment to make sure business is done quickly and efficiently. That's all. Hold on, there's an actual legal term for it... Expediting fee! That's it. 

I can't help it.  My friend Riika gave me some and I got addicted to it.

Well I'm asking what the shipment of that stuff costs to the states anyway for Mik, so you'll get an answer too hopefully on monday and we can start sorting stuff out if it isn't super expensive (it probably is though). 

do work in "Administration" here at the office. Very generic department name. I would gladly be "Accounts Receivable"

See? Now you're getting the hang of it. If people are, say, late on the payments, Z can be collections. 

Well I'm asking what the shipment of that stuff costs to the states anyway for Mik, so you'll get an answer too hopefully on monday and we can start sorting stuff out if it isn't super expensive (it probably is though). 

If it comes to it (and it's not hugely expensive), Z could in theory send me an extra bottle and I'll send it over to Victoria. 

V, absolute worst case scenario, my mom is going back to Finland in June. When she comes back to the states I can ask for an extra bottle then ship it to NE.