Off Topic Playground

Maybe, but not sure if was a phone call. Had terrible reception in the bathroom. But he totally could have just been reading the client's emails (or writing one), and that counts.

Or was doing "research." Which is lawyer-speak for "I need to account for my time and these sites I was browsing are tangentially related to this client, so he gets the bill."

I wish I was joking.

Maybe, but not sure if was a phone call. Had terrible reception in the bathroom. But he totally could have just been reading the client's emails (or writing one), and that counts.

Or was doing "research." Which is lawyer-speak for "I need to account for my time and these sites I was browsing are tangentially related to this client, so he gets the bill."

I wish I was joking.

Sadly, that happens often anywhere. Only difference is that most other professions that wish they could pull it off get treated like shit. (IT, for example)

I wouldn't consider Germany, Netherlands or heaven forbid Finland "travelling distance". Unlike you American's I have an Ocean separating me from this rabble of madmen. Well except Abs but the Welsh and English have a shady history. Also I'm only half English, my Dad's Scottish. 

I wouldn't consider Germany, Netherlands or heaven forbid Finland "travelling distance". Unlike you American's I have an Ocean separating me from this rabble of madmen. Well except Abs but the Welsh and English have a shady history. Also I'm only half English, my Dad's Scottish. 

lol, you make it sound like there is an uneasy truce between the welsh and English..

Lets tell the truth ..its all out war!!

To be fair, the "ocean" between you and the continent isn't THAT large. There are lakes larger than The Channel. 

But yeah, Europe isn't that tiny.

However I do laugh when I hear people in England (say, London) that driving several hours (say, to Manchester) is too far. In the US, driving a couple hours for gaming is the norm. Biggest example is when I listen to podcasts like Malifools (RIP), Fool's Daily, etc, and they complain about a three hour drive. Laughable.

So, random thought - have any of you ever actually met since you're all pretty much within traveling distance?

Actually not. I don't think the world can handle a gathering of the Stooges.

lol, you make it sound like there is an uneasy truce between the welsh and English..

Lets tell the truth ..its all out war!!

War... war never changes.

Well, not so much all out war really. All we have to do is introduce some sort of sheep virus and you're entire country would fall to it's knees! You guys are our bitch and you know it! ;)

Bit rich coming from the Mad Cow capital of the world ;)

I'm just saying, I think a gathering is in order at some point. Mainly because one day I shall come to Europe to visit, and not want to pay for a hotel.

I see your game sir! *cough* cheapskate!

The guys keep threatening to gate crash my wedding but none here have ever met as far as I'm aware. zFiend is too busy seducing the local Trolls, I'm busy with work and wedding planning and can't afford to leave Glorious Brittania, Dirial could jump over the boarder to visit PD but that's a shady territory right there. 

I'm just saying, I think a gathering is in order at some point. Mainly because one day I shall come to Europe to visit, and not want to pay for a hotel.

End up in Finland and you don't have to pay for a hotel.

So I just counted the models I have in the "painted and done" pile and it's 104.