Off Topic Playground

- If you think American Football is easy or soft, let me be the first to assure you that it isn't. Between my torn back ligament and concussion (from one season plus pre-season training) and my father's spinal issues, I can guarantee it does tons of damage to the body to play it.

I think that the issue with football is that there's another, vastly more popular sport of the same name. Also, most people don't understand that it's called football because the ball is a foot long (not because you play with the foot like real football).

- I'm tired of having to defend where I was born. We're not all moronic, science-denying, Bible-thumping evangelicals. Our barbecue is better than yours. Black Southerners invented rock 'n' roll. A lot is wrong with this part of the country, but when we get something right, we nail it.

Why do you feel the need to defend your country? We were mongering cliches. I would argue about American barbecue, but cuisine is ever a matter of taste. No argument about rock'n'roll from me. Americans did great stuff. Americans did stupid stuff. They are all human. Who knew?

- TehMik nailed the topics of beer and international travel for us. I'd also add that Europeans seem to get a lot more time off than we do.

I'm just pointing out that my argument with the traveling remains: It's not bad to stay in America. It's bad to pretend that you can see the world in America. That leads to narrowmindedness, and to the mocking Crush was afraid about.

Also, we fought hard for our labor rights. The French are the kings in that regard! Giving us 25 days paid vacation per year is not something the economy likes to do. They have to. It's not like Americans couldn't do that, too.

Morning all. You too Dirial.

So still sick today. :( what it means though is I'm gonna sit at home all day and paint my Schill crew. I got some paints yesterday on them. And I am almost done with one Librarian and the Superwanker.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I'm currently drinking that classic home remedy of hot water with honey and lemon that's made me want to vomit since I was knee high.

I feel your pain! The only part of that I enjoy is lemon but put it all together in one drink and I start retching at the thought of it. 

• Like 1