Off Topic Playground

Ah its ok..guess it probably means there is a good chance you are descended from the Welsh!

Suck it!

NOPE! My Father is from Glasgow and my Mother is from Yorkshire. I just grew up in Dorset for a long time. Coming from a military background my family moved around a lot. Not even remotely Welsh... thank god! ;)

Counter Suck It! :D

Match and point! *tick*

Friend of mine was in America and was on a tour, and they showed him a house which was 200 years old. They were all amazed until he said "The house I live in is older."

Stonehenge is amazing! So sad that you cannot walk around in it anymore.

I am glad to realize that things older than my entire country still exist. 

I hope someday to actually see them. 

99% of the countries America goes to War with have a minimum of 2000 years more history than the American's do. :D Take Afghanistan and Iraq, both were important parts of the Persian Empire way back when. 

As far as I'm concerned you all speak basically German, and are German descendants all. All, I say.

Not zFiend, though. He's his own kind.

Yeah, Finnish is all kinds of messed up. To this day I'm amazed I ever learned the language, and I grew up speaking it.

As far as I'm concerned you all speak basically German, and are German descendants all. All, I say.

Not zFiend, though. He's his own kind.

Hahaha, modern English does have it's roots in Germanic, throw in some Latin, Norman and a bit of Viking speak as well as a few other bits and bobs and hey presto. Our Languages do have quite a few similarities. 

99% of the countries America goes to War with have a minimum of 2000 years more history than the American's do. :D Take Afghanistan and Iraq, both were important parts of the Persian Empire way back when. 

Those two go back to the Crescent, the cradle of civilization. I mean, those countries were 2000 years old when Rome was founded. Not in their current incarnation, of course.

I am glad to realize that things older than my entire country still exist. 

I hope someday to actually see them. 

Go to Rome. The largest dome ever built by human hands, one piece, 1900 years old...

Seriously, go there.

"That frenchman is staring at my ass"

"WAR!"

tumblr_mohxzoQ5ua1r7ux3co1_500.gif

• Like 2

Welsh is not even remotely German lol....

I agree that all the ENGLISH are descended from the Saxons ;)

Gaelic is probably the closest surviving language to the native tongue of Britain before we were invaded by the Romans, Saxons, Vikings and Normans. Sounds bloody weird though! 

I don't get Welsh as a language. I mean, do they have some kind of irrational hatred against vowels? Did they sleep through the meeting where vowels were being handed out? 

@ MD: Whatever helps you sleep at night :)

He wasn't French, he was from Normandy which was populated by Norsemen and not the French. The French could never conquer Britian!!! :D

The French are pretty good at waging war, to be honest. But in that time you can hardly claim they were French at all.