Off Topic Playground

Does no one else besides Abs and I remember the 1.x days when Dreamer and Levi and Hamelin were really, REALLY broken? The Chompy Bomb (more like Chompy Cruise Missile, really), the impossible-to-resist Death Touch, and the "My turn is over when I SAY it's over?" endless rat recycle?

Yeah, those days sucked. Good riddance.

Perdita's chest is eclipsed only by v1 Lady Justice- practically falling out of that corset.

Since it was brought up, I'm going to rant on buying clothes a bit.

I had to learn that the hard way women notice, and appreciate, when a man dresses well. By well I mean "clean, undamaged clothes that fit properly, preferably nicer than a t-shirt and jeans if the situation is appropriate". It sucks, sucks, SUCKS having to take so much time on wardrobe but women notice it (and appreciate it). Only certain types of douchebags can actually pull off the hipster look (i.e. spending a ton to look like you pulled your clothes out of a dumpster)- the rest of us have to work to look good.

I hate having to spend extra time buying clothes, though it is a small win when I find something that actually fits me well. I have to get XXL t-shirts now to make sure they will fit my upper back and shoulders after one wash- meanwhile the lower half is super loose. Pants are cut assuming that dudes are eunuchs that skip leg day. Like so many things, skinny and loose pants are a cyclical thing, and I am glad we're about to swing back towards loose again.

When I was a kid, I was sort of on my mom's side when she'd get pissed about my dad having so much clothing tailored. Once I got to the point of having to wear professional or formal clothes (i.e. shirt and tie) more than a few times a year, I got it. If I have to have a button-down these days, I buy one that fits my upper torso and pay ten bucks to have it altered.

• Like 1

Does no one else besides Abs and I remember the 1.x days when Dreamer and Levi and Hamelin were really, REALLY broken? The Chompy Bomb (more like Chompy Cruise Missile, really), the impossible-to-resist Death Touch, and the "My turn is over when I SAY it's over?" endless rat recycle?

Yeah, those days sucked. Good riddance.

Perdita's chest is eclipsed only by v1 Lady Justice- practically falling out of that corset.

Those days?

It almost put me off Malifaux totally when anyone I offered to play a game against would say, ok I play Dreamer, Levi or Hamelin!

As for Lady J V1 and her..ahem...assets..I am not ashamed to say she was the model that lured me into malifaux at the start!

We had a standing rule in our store that if anyone brought Hamlin to the table at our LGS in 1.5 edition, the rest of the store had rights to free nut shots in the parking lot afterwards to the offending player.

Harsh, but understandable.

So, perhaps I'm starting a Skype TtB group. *excited*

Skype ttb group? Could you elaborate?

Well, I don't have the time (and enough interested people near) to play TtB at a real table, deck and all. So we'll try it over Skype. Have to find a card drawing application, though. We have a fairly good programmer in the group, so shouldn't be a problem, but still.

I have no idea what we're going to play, but I expect to be the Fatemaster, with 3 to 4 players, two of which are Malifaux noobs. We'll see how it goes.

Have you thought about opening this up so other people can join in? :P

Not really, and I'd have to ask the others (also, I don't like playing with more then 4 players), but I'll think about it. If I get a bit of experience, we could just do a second game with the forum guys...

I bet that the Stooges' Adeventures Beyond The Breach would be hilarious!

And how does group work on Skype? I have it for work, but only two other people in the office use it, and it's just for days like today when there's no work to do and we are that bored.

Needs a little more discipline, but if it's okay for online gaming, it should be okay for rpg'ing, too.

Not really, and I'd have to ask the others (also, I don't like playing with more then 4 players), but I'll think about it. If I get a bit of experience, we could just do a second game with the forum guys...

I bet that the Stooges' Adeventures Beyond The Breach would be hilarious!

Hilarious, Glorious, and Horrifying

When do we start?

I request to be "Sir Timothy Wigglesworth, Esquire, At Your Service"

I will be Sir Dick "That's what she said" Johnson.

When do we start?

So, you'll all be okay with my Guild Guardsmen on the hunt for Resurrectionists campaign?

And thus the Pantsless Berserker Corps found its second soul...

I fully approve the name.

You sir, the commander of the Pantsless Berserk Corps, are a visionary! A forerunner! A vanguard! A legend! And I shall follow you to the grave and beyond!