Off Topic Playground

I have no idea. People who are fussing over protein will never buy that shit. And those who think that slapping protein on anything is somehow good will only get double fat. Because you don't actually do anything that requires huge amounts of protein and you still get the fat and carbs. Ridiculous.

Indeed. The biggest component is still getting some sort of exercise. I actually did really well with a program of walking, 30 minutes of pushups and ab work, and eating sensibly- I handled my big appetite with large amounts of stir-fried or curried vegetables. A good curry sauce can make almost anything edible.

Not as bothered by fat- if you cut processed food (including white flour and sugar), the fat problem usually handles itself unless you're making a deliberate effort to eat tons of it. Of course, if you're trying to get bodybuilder ripped (which isn't healthy past a certain point anyway), fat is more of an issue.

I'm just utterly jaded by the way the exercise industry works. Sometimes I think I should get a personal trainer cert, quit my job, and focus on helping people get genuinely healthy. I don't care that much about how I look- even when I was desperately trying to gain weight the year I played football in high school (I was in excellent shape- you have to be running all those damn wind sprints), I wasn't ripped. Some people just aren't built for that- not everyone can look like a model, but everyone can get healthy, y'know?

• Like 1

Well I'm not really all that into stripping though. :D So maybe I should get out. I was once in a strip club. It was awkward as hell. Didn't like it. :P

Yeah, me neither. It was a little like being cornered by beggars, only with a lot less clothes involved. Nah, not for me.

We even went to a pretty high class club. Don't want to know how the seedier etablissements look like. Really don't.

Yeah I don't get the fuzz about that whole thing. Be it high or low class I think it's fucking sad and depressing. :D

The last time I was at a strip club, my brother kept secretly setting dollars in front of me so that the strippers would sidle up to me.

That's pretty mean.

One of my friends who was with us had his wife with him. The usual dialogue went like this:

"You want to have some fun?"

"I have a wife."

"Who cares?"

"She is sitting right beside you!"