Off Topic Playground

Oh the storms are still there, that's why I'm going to bed now. If I can get to sleep before the next couple bands come through I might sleep through the night. If Callie doesn't decide to get "cute" anyway.

Yeah, all you guys have to deal with is acquisitive, guilt tripping, distractible muses. Y'all got it easy. Callie's all that plus sadism. I haven't figured out yet if she thinks its funny or something, or if she just hates me.

Oh the storms are still there, that's why I'm going to bed now. If I can get to sleep before the next couple bands come through I might sleep through the night. If Callie doesn't decide to get "cute" anyway.

Yeah, all you guys have to deal with is acquisitive, guilt tripping, distractible muses. Y'all got it easy. Callie's all that plus sadism. I haven't figured out yet if she thinks its funny or something, or if she just hates me.

Don't feel too bad, Sophie does a lovely line in nightmarish visions of my future. She just doesn't worry about my surviving stuff, I seem to be good at it!

Good for you...? Maybe? Glad you're good at surviving things, I think we need to keep Sophie and Callie separate. Callie doesn't need any new material, I'm finally getting better at dealing with her old stuff. I'm sure Sophie doesn't need any help either.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Or at least not that kind of help. The pair of em might could do with some psychotherapy or something.

Sophie's never seemed happy about the things I see, so I reckon I'm getting away lightly.

But I suspect keeping her and Callie separate is probably wise! Heck, we can't even get Elle and Sophie near each other without chaos resulting!

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

I still can't shake the image of someone with a big ornate pocket watch.

'Oh no'

"what"

'I dropped the tornado watch'

"Again? That's the third time this week Jenkins. Think of the trouble you're causing!"

'Sorry sir'

Elle seems fairly harmless too, eesh. Is it at least fun chaos?

Anyways, yes. Lets go with the keeping muses separate plan... I'm going to sleep before the next band gets any closer. I just saw lightning and heard thunder and that's usually Callie's cue. I'm hoping she misses it pondering the composition issues I've presented to her.

Bloodthirsty? Hm... Considering her penchant for battle scenes I suppose that makes sense... I'm just gonna stick Callie in a glass jar or something.

Web, I found a good way to deal with a runaway muse is to take a sketchbook, toss your eraser as far away as you can, and start making marks. Every mark must fit into the work because the eraser is not allowed except to make additions (no that is not a contradiction) it entices the muse to come back.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Hehe! And a flood watch?

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Flash or otherwise.

and then,.. I suppose,... there's "The Night Watch",.. or even,.. "The Knights Watch",..

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

oh,... a flood watch would be interesting,... wonder if it belonged to Noah???

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

That would be epic. And hilarious.

'What time is it?'

"No don't use that, it's the neighbourhood watch!"

*Click*

"Well done genius, now we live in Sweden..."

For some reason, I get the voices for pinky and the brain when I read this,.. *grin*

My favourite is still this one. And I've only ever seen it once:

Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: Whoof, oh, I'd have to say the odds of that are terribly slim, Brain.

Brain: True.

Pinky: I mean, really, when have I ever been pondering what you've been pondering?

Brain: To my knowledge, never.

Pinky: Exactly. So, what are the chances that this time, I'm pondering what you're pondering?

Brain: Next to nil.

Pinky: Well, that's exactly what I'm thinking, too.

Brain: Therefore, you are pondering what I'm pondering.

Pinky: Poit, I guess I am!

my favorite,..

I think so brain,.. but me and pippi longstocking??,... what would the children look like???

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

though,.. I am a huge fan of the scene where Yako rhymes all the countries of earth. That's a masterful piece of writing to be able to do that and set it to music. Somebody's muse was working overtime for that one.

Edited by Webmonkey

yes,.. I believe we do. I guess Ed bailed out on you guys last week. But as long as he's up for it, I am.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

but I think that puts shine out this week,.. I think this is his week on shift