Off Topic Playground

Evening everyone! Lots of painting going on here still. This time I have to rewport that I have painted a Predator Annihilator, Land Raider Crusader and Land Raider Achilles for my Dark Angels, as well as, 4 more zombies, then 2nd Dead Doxy and Hasslefree Miniatures' amazing Fairies Wear Boots (was great fun to paint). In addition to this I have painted Mei Feng's crew (in 1 day! that amazed me as well, but I couldn't sleep so painted most of the night as well, heh), my Doom of Malan'tai for my 'Nids and some other assorted bits and bobs.

I seem to bave also finalised my Death Guard list, managed to get it under £300 for a 1,000 point list which includes 5 Deathshroud Terminators as my HQ, heheheh.

In other news, the Gothic Showgirls would like to announce a new and improved Tutu Monolith after Abs sat on the old one and broke it :P

Sounds like everyone's being productive!

I, on the other hand, tipped a third of a mug of coffee on my lovely mechanical keyboard. Hopefully I got it unplugged in time and have managed to clean the circuits. Otherwise I have a pretty paperweight now...

Mmm, toast. Now I'm hungry. What are you getting her?

Luckily I work in a lab with ultra pure water and things, I can clean out the keyboard knowing I'm not putting anything worse in there. It's sat draining overnight, and until I'm sure it's dry I'm not going near the power.

Yeah, I just hope I got there fast enough. I had to stop the tide of coffee hitting the laptop first, so there was a few moments before I could actually unplug the blasted thing and I probably hit a few keys in the scramble.

Would suck if I'd wrecked it...

I'd probably keep it to see if I could repair and rebuild it into a custom steampunk one. But then I'd want another to use at work, I can type comfortably and fast enough with it that I can just write stuff as Sophie tells me it without having to actually think about the keys!

How're you now, fully recovered from the death plague?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Is odd really, I thought I'd hate it but it works nicely for me. That or the mech keys, the laptop keyboard is shocking. Extremes at either end are fine!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Not sure I'd cope without it now, I wrote my quill entry in a couple of hours while doing other work too on that keyboard. I'd have struggled to get that done even on the touch screen.

Yeah, doing pretty well, honestly. Kinda sad that the order I placed with Warstore, they were out of the old Dire Avengers, so I need to change that...not interested right now in spending $28 on five of them when I can spend about $10 more at the LGS and get 10. Just debating what I'd like to add to it.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Well...apparently Saturday is a parade downtown...looks like I'll be staying away from that...

I wouldn't go either, honestly. Massive public events are a nightmare. It's bad enough being at family gatherings! Lol

Hmm, I think I've started to see how to convert miss Terious to have her in my crew. Might start on that later.

Yeah, sounds like a plan. Honestly, I'd cheat myself and just paint her up in dead tones with some dried blood in a line on the neck.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

How's stuff going tonight, Chris?