Off Topic Playground

Well, yeah that too. Lol

Nah, orange is fairly similar to brown in terms of the colour wheel. It's the red side of yellow, and you'd be going to the red side of purple (in very rough terms, orange and brown are just different shades of the same kind of thing. That makes them meet vaguely in the red/orange area if you use brown in the purple.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Hey monkey, how goes?

Colour theory is a nightmare. I only understand a bit of it, just enough to use the basics. I have an article on it lol *wink*

Yeah, you do, it's a pain to find though, lol.

Yeah...damn them. >.< Ultimately, I've got a lot of reasons to pick up the Eldar, but it's mainly an excuse to paint lots of pretty models and try some new techniques. That, and I've got a small Seer council, a couple Autarchs, two squads of Dark Reapers and a Harlequin troupe kicking around that I've always wanted to paint and use.

Yeah, you do, it's a pain to find though, lol..

Argh, don't tell me the link in my WIP thread first post has broken again?

Aye, whatever else can be said about GW, they can do some fantastic pieces when they want to...

Oh. Nevermind, found those, lol. Thanks for that, Mako.

Yeah, GW really can...and that thing is 8 inches tall, poseable, plastic, customizable, and just overall huge. If PP can get away with $130 for a Colossal, I'll give GW a pass on the $115 for what's basically a short Revenant Titan.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

I played Deathwatch once, was pretty fun. Why do you ask?

And yeah, I can't imagine the local price is going to be pretty at all...

How much is the book there now?

Yeah I am thinking the 40k RPGs might be the way to play the world (which I really like)

without having to deal with GW's antics.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Yeah Mako, they still use the old pound-NZ exchange rate of about 3:1, has not been that for about six years now....

I still flinch when I see the UK prices, and that's £30 for a book I think. £45 for the rules.

I'd probably need hospitalising if I went into a GW in New Zealand...

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Yeah, it's about two to one nowadays isn't it?

(facepalm) That really sucks. I'm paying about $50 a codex now. Not especially thrilled with that, but at least it's hardcover this time around...

And the setting still is fun. All I'm worried about at this point is seeing how the Eldar stack out with balance issues. Shouldn't be too bad, from what I've been hearing GW has been doing a surprisingly good job with the 6th edition books.