Off Topic Playground

I've got my undead warband effectively done (for now- mostly crummy speedpainting so I can put them on the table) other than some last-minute basing stuff, and I've got Abyssal Dwarves, a Laurana the Sorceress and Gnoll Warrior (Bones mini), and Elves left to do. Might do a little retouching to the Wolfen (playing them as Ogres) if I have the inclination.

Also need to get my Terraclips together and assemble a board and, oh yeah, get my registration in.

Also, the girlfriend said she might be up for the free swing lessons after all.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Was going to link to a Tumblr of interest but because of censor filters I can only put it in this way: http://fu**yeahbritisholdschoolgaming.tumblr.com. I think you know what two letters to replace the asterisks with...

Yay for swing classes, getting to play with many women in an evening and not getting in trouble! Well,no more than I usually do *grin*

How's everyone tonight?

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Ok, I have to stop looking at Eric's twitter feed. These new sci fi pictures are making my brushes itch...

Everything except historical shenanigans. Back then it was us Brits with our habit of wandering into countries and ordering people to start making us cups of tea. That and planting flags there of course.

How's the weather monkey?

Afternoon all on this cloudy, cold and wet Saturday afternoon! It's Eurovision day so YAY! Yeah, I'm a diehard gothic metalhead that loves Eurovision, that thing's the funniest thing on tv if you ask me :P

Got a little more painting done in the shape of a Dead Doxy and the first of my 5 Predator Tanks for my Dark Angels (no, I have no idea why I ended up with 5 of them, in fact I thought I| only had 3 until opening a mystery box the other day and finding 2 more) as well as undercoating most of a Land Raider Achilles and 2 more Rhinos (it started to rain before I could finish, grr). Ah, the happy life of a mini painter is never done :)

Seems Wayland have messed up yet another order I have made with them. On the 6th they sent me confirmation that the order was dispatched, however the website still states that it is in processing and awaiting packing. Does this mean their stock levels are misleading again? I think so :P

While painting that lovely undead showgirl last night I was wondering how many zombies I have painted over the last 25+ years and realised that the figure must be well in excess of 1000 zombies miniatures. I know my Vampire Counts has over 500 (metal) zoms painted and I have a good smattering of Alternate Armies, Grenadier, Reaper, Ral Partha, heartbreaker, Studion Minis, Hasslefree, Wargames factory, Foundry, etc zoms as well that I have collected and painted over the years. Quite amazing how they all creep up on you. I just hope they don't reanimate in my sleep or I will be screwed :P lol!

I'll just have to have all the Gothic Showgirls takes shifts in keeping them at bay ;)

Anyway, I think I'll have to find all of my zombies, unpack them and count them up just to see how many I have painted. You never know, I may find some vintage 80s minis still in the blisters, I did find 4 of the original limited edition Space Marine like that in a box last year, plus another 20 RT era Grey Knight Terminators. I wish I could find all my GKT, I'd have 2 complete brotherhoods in TDA!

I have to much crap, not parting with any of it though MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh yeah, planning out my Death Guard Heresy army, thing's gonna cost me £600 so far for 1,500 points!

Nice and sunny here. Going to change my oil, get some paperwork done, some wedding stuff done, some invites out... Look into changing my transmission fluid... It desperately needs to be changed but I don't have 500 bucks to shell out to some auto mechanic for it. Not when I could do it myself I could figure out where the input and the drain panel are. Unfortunately the system is very different from the helicopters I was trained on...

Heh, I guess military tech has to be fairly fixable with very little kit, no parts, and mud/sand/whatever all over the place. Can't exactly get it onto a repair ramp and strip the cowling off in an emergency situation!