Off Topic Playground

Sounds like a good goal. That reminds me, had a question for you about layering colors over other ones... If I want to do an orange heartlike thing under the blues for the Hailkin, when should I start that in the process? And when doing the blues, I'm just painting in thin, thin, thin layers, right?

Hmm. I think I'd start with the midtone and shading for the blues, then do the orange, then use really really thin layers for midtone and highlights over the top of it. That way, the glow sits in the shading and your highlights cover it naturally, but you don't have to try to fade the shading onto the glow.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I need to make a lot of cobbles, ruined stone walls and rubble I think

Well, so far, the first Hailkin is progressing nicely...not sure if the glow effect is working or not, but I'll see what people say once I get pics up. How's everyone doing this wee hour of the morning?

And Monkey, you can't make it Saturday?

I have made a phone call to the guy and left a voicemail...we'll see where it goes.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Okay, this model is officially at too many layers of paint for being only one main color (blue)