Off Topic Playground

Got snow, Monkey?

Because he takes three weeks to paint one model, lol. Nah, I'm just teasing him, I wish I had the patience to do that right. But it's hard to take things seriously when he says he spent 6 hours getting the basecoat of yellow on Misaki before he started shading and highlighting.

Don't eat the yellow snow.

Yeah. 6 hours for a base coat is damn rough. I'd be more than half done with a model in that time. On gremlins easily done. lol

I wonder how many layers Mako actually uses in his models. I counted up to 15 on my Showgirl of recent. He must have much more since he glazes quite a lot. :0

...Primer. Right. Man, my brain just rebelled against that idea, didn't it? Sheesh.

Anyway, give me a bit, I'll find the copy/paste outline of stuff so I don't have to do a fresh writeup.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

I want to do the base as a forest scene, with trees and undergrowth and such. For the models, I've got five of them to mess about with.

AEWSBS02_front_Feb07.jpg

AEWSBS06_front_Mar07.jpg

dag2112_1.jpg

Have two of the Hailkin facing off with the male elf, and have the female elf jumping backwards away from the third of them. Do up the base in such a way that where the Hailkin are, the grass is dying/frozen instead of healthy and green. Also, try to get some arrows in one of the Hailkin and paint it up like it's cracked where the arrow is.

And that's the plan. Well, minus some details, like a pile of snow for a dead Hailkin, plus stringing the bow, etc...

Categories. I'm entering in the diorama category. There's Sculpted Figure, Single Figure, Large Figure, Unit, Diorama, Miniatures of War and Hatchlings (for younger than 14).

And it's starting to look like I need to go to Gencon 2014 just to meet folks!