Off Topic Playground

YeAh, I know of at least four other mini scenes I could do, and it would be quite cool to have an endlessly growing massive battle scene.

Hmm, according to my music player, it's that time of night again.

One mooooooooonlit niiiiiiiiiiiight...

I suppose it's fair, considering I got you hooked in the first place.

Oh, so I managed to give a friend of mine planning on going to Gencon 2014 a crazier idea for a diorama than I'm messing about with. A multi-story scene, Batman facing off against Joker and some thugs, with Green Arrow on an upper level providing support. He wants to try to make an arrow be in flight in the scene.

Ah, I always try to avoid having fishing line visible. That's where it involves creative use of flame, smoke, other surfaces, etc. lol

I'm beginning to think my tiny diorama will look really odd in amongst the full size stuff!

I think one thing I want to mess with is to have a pile of snow and ice on the ground with some arrows in it and smoke drifting into the air to make it seem like a Hailkin was already killed.

I take it that the fishing line thing is a bad thing for competition?

I do know that I want to get some for my piece, for the bow. Might as well put a string on it.

The basing for this is going to be very strange, that's for sure. Doing a summer scene, and having snow effects, ice effects, dying grass, etc... going to be nuts.

Ed, go to a dick blick art supply store and look at the brushes. they have economy ones for like $2 and they have all kinds of shapes. the flat I'm talking about is an actual flat brush. not flat topped round. why on earth would you want a flat topped round?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

also, you're both nutters. those scenes are crazy complicated.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

and i'm going to bed. not feeling well.

ebay. Dark Age Games isn't well carried for some reason...pity, really. The models are amazing, kinda curious about the gameplay now. Holding off on the elves, Robotech is going to be pricey.

Another bit of good news, Secret Weapon Miniatures seems like it may be my one-stop shopping for basing material. Instant Summer Forest kit plus a few other bits, all from one place.

Secret weapon are good for that kind of thing. And their washes are pretty sweet too, I'm told.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Huh, I'd kind of expected dark age to be bigger somehow...

I've only heard of it from coolminiornot, honestly. Same with Andrea miniatures.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Hm. And their rules are free...interesting... >.>

Anyway. Feeling any better?

Oh, y'know, just... stuff.

Ugh. Two copies of it, at times. I'm shattered but have to get some more done before sleep. Think I'll end up off work again tomorrow at this rate, no state to be doing anything really!