Off Topic Playground

But highlighting is where it all comes to life! Is a bit of a pain in the proverbial, though.

Yeah, only sculpts I have any inspiration for are the dragon and Sophie herself. And I know that one needs time taking. And may have to be at least as big as Lucius, or I may be abandoned for a while!

Sophie wants you to sculpt her? Man, I'm glad I can't sculpt, I can see Elle wanting to do that...

How much were you thinning the paint for drybrushing, Chris?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Welp, just ordered the Hailkin...hopefully can get to work on this sooner rather than later.

Ah. That's for painting, drybrushing it wants to be thicker. But then again, I never really got great results from drybrushing, so I always go for the paint it on approach

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Heh, ninja'd by Ed.

My perspective on drybrushing is the same as any other- it has its uses where it is superior. Doing weathered metal or feathers, for instance, drybrushing can create a more natural appearance than blending.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

i have brushes made that shape. don't need to attack any with scissors.

Really? What are those called? I haven't seen any flat top round brushes before.