Off Topic Playground

Morning.

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Seriously look at their paints. A set of primary colors is going to run you about $9.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Monkey! How was the game day?

But my acrylics are free. I've already got them.

And I'm done...

235 comics added to my database getting a grand total of 4432 in the read collection... Probably another 300 to read before they get added as well!

With Painting Toshiro and Yin as well as some of the terrain I've been working on and the planning Rebel and Imperial squads for Xwing I don't think I have the time!

Waking up is cruel, it shouldn't be forced on a man. Lol

Yeah, I have a bit too much going on in the next week or two to actually get plague. But it's not hot enough outside to warrant how roasted I feel. Ah well, might take a day off this week, try to rest it out a bit if it hasn't gone away

Heh, the base is an airbrush job, the blokes would just need doing one by one. Heh. But it is a lot more work, with a lot more fiddly planning.

I reckon you could do it thugh

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

There's a Stall at GenCon...

The problem is I still don't have a compressor for the airbrush...otherwise, yeah, I think it would be something I could pull off. But doing it by hand, with normal brushes? Not going to work well, lol

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

honestly, I'm still tempted to give it a shot. Just need to get everything together to see how it'll work. The nice thing is that it'll be easy enough to start over if I don't like it.

Pretty much, lol. Anyway, I'm just going to start with my two primary characters, we'll figure out the rest of them later. Have a bunch of gap filling I have to do on Von Konrad's coat if nothing else.

Ever messed about with hot water and bending resin? I want to try to shift his arm a little, not sure if I can get it to shift enough without cutting.

Not had a lot of practice at it really, I've tended to recut if it's anything more than a gentle change. Take it steady and make sure you don't squish any details when it's warm is about all I can suggest!

I was working on a protocol to test the surfaces for something. Just fiddling, reading papers, and paring it all down into one simple set of instructions. Got to find two chemicals, or order them, then I can test it. Hopefully this week lol.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

You know me, even that level of activity isn't enough for my preferences lol.