Off Topic Playground

Not running it. Doing some other testing, which I'm okay with. Also working on getting all my easy homework (ie, quizzes) out of the way so I have the rest of the week to work on my writing assignments. If I have to retake these classes in the end, so be it...but that won't be happening without a fight, dammit! lol

Oh, and you might not be the only one to show up with DZC for Gencon...we'll see where my budget is at post-Robotech, but apparently the game is getting some traction here.

Heh, never give up without a fight! At least you make sure the winner looks scruffy afterwards *grin*

Cool, I really should read the DzC rules over and try to find someone to play. And the time to play it! Ideally I'll be carrying the starter armies for PHR and UCM, all painted up ad lovely, but who knows...

Ha! Hahahaha! (falls out of chair)

Honestly, I'd look at other places before buying the GW one...personally, I'm not a fan of it, but if you like it, rock on!

Well, I know the guy pushing the game here has UCM (I saw his stuff) so I'll probably give it a shot here before Gencon.

Oh, there's two phoenixes. A fire one and an ice one. They're quite nice.

I'm not sure if Sophie's insulted, or pleased by that! heh

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Sounds good, you can teach me at gencon then :-P

I don't think Sophie can really take credit for Callie's obnoxiousness... I may have only just named her... but Callie's been a pain in the butt since middle school.

and I got to the forget GW so fast because i'm a schmott gurl ;) I listen to the hard core gamers and I'm a perfectly adequate judge of sculpt quality thank you very much.

Heh, yeah, she wasn't a fan of GW prices back when they were reasonable and she wasn't paying for them, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Without the games in the way, its much easier to see what they produce. Most of us cut our teeth on GW I suspect, even I have a tiny tiny spot of nostalgia for the old days...

Very tiny, mind you.

Amen to that. I'm trying to figure out if there's anywhere I can unload my start to an Eldar army onto someone, because I don't care how good the codex is, I'm not buying, lol.

I'd much rather give money to my mate's company. I want to see the shiny new things he's got in the pipeline, I overheard a rumour there's a new race coming sooner or later. heh

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Or, of course, wyrd. ALways a good plan!

It'll be a bit, I suspect. For that 'scale' of game, with dozens of models on the board, it really is the premier system. Until he gets sick of painting dozens of the same models as wound counters, he'll probably stick around. Then it'll be a coin toss whether he jumps to skirmish games like Malifaux or to proper army size, like Dropzone Commander or Flames of War.

(headdesk)

Yeah, I don't see you as a battalion level gamer...nor an army. I think the largest you might go would be Warmachine, which is no more than 20 models. (Usually...there are some lists that break that, but I don't see you playing Russian infantry spam, lol)

I don't like having to control more than just me in a combat style situation. I am utterly unsuited for command. I get too focused.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

oh my gosh tomorrow's gonna suck. I'm already sore. my alarm clock didn't go off this morning so I was late for drill. Got the everloving $%^& smoked out of me with 2 other guys who were also late. I hate 8 count pushups...

Mako, what's your mate's company called?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I needed it, felt good after. but we didn't get a proper stretch in. that's the problem with disciplinary pt. no concern for stretching and the like. no time to do it on my own, had to shower and change or I'd be late again and get in trouble again. the three of us got the crap duties all day too...

Then welcome to a world of exquisite boutique miniatures! Painting more than two of anything makes Sophie grumpy, so I've always been a display painter really. Took me four editions of warhammer fantasy to paint up 1000 points of elves...

Me, I love McVey studios for pure painting pieces. Well, some of them anyway.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

My mate runs Hawk Wargames, they do a scifi 10mm scale game. Not hundreds of models, but it is massed tanks and dropships.

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Ahh, military discipline. Brutal, unpleasant, and makes it near impossible to actually avoid further problems!