Off Topic Playground

Oh, you need to add Sabriel to your list and give it a position of prominence...excellently written YA novel. Sabriel is one of my favorite heroines of all time, and the setting Nix created was absolutely fascinating...inspired me a lot with my own novel. He did a very interesting spin on the idea of song magic, and with necromancy.

Lirael is a tougher character to like...she starts off fairly depressed (not without reason) but she eventually becomes quite awesome. I'm just excited that he's getting back to the setting, even if not with any of the characters.

Oh, and you might know him from Shade's Children, The Seventh Tower series or the Keys to the Kingdom series.

At the moment? Finishing off my textbooks. Almost done...so close to being done. After that, I think I'll do a reread of Double Eagle to get some more inspiration for getting back into writing. And I really want to at least try tackling this Lovecraft set. Oh, and I've had The Blinding Knife on my shelf for literally months...need to get through that...

Dan Abnett 40k novel. Fighter pilots in the Gaunt's Ghosts setting. Quite the fun read, if not very complex. There's been rumors of a sequel for years, but I'm not holding my breath.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

O.o They did a sequel to Gilead's Blood?

They're brain candy. Some have a measure of depth to them, but for the most part they're pretty simple. But there are stories I got in high school that I still greatly enjoy and have fun keeping up with. I'm just shocked at the decision to do a sequel to Gilead's Blood, that was a short story collection and was quite old by the time I got around to it.