Off Topic Playground

I got your message Ed... Been busy painting and converting some of those Warzone Tenaments for Dust Tactics to be for both Malifaux and Arkham City when I get around to playing that...

Also I've been playing a bit of Xwing with my 9 year old and taking great pleasure in destroying the rebels!

(waves at Shaper) Glad to hear you're doing well! X-wing is a great game, wish I could get in more games of it...has he got the Falcon yet? If not, I think you'll start cursing the rebels out from what I've been hearing!

I got a set of the tenements. Have to say, kinda frustrated with the way it was setup... they made it really hard to do multiple buildings with that kit because of the sizing of the pieces.

What's been keeping you out of them, Monkey? Lack of inspiration or time?

(waves at Shaper) Glad to hear you're doing well! X-wing is a great game, wish I could get in more games of it...has he got the Falcon yet? If not, I think you'll start cursing the rebels out from what I've been hearing!

I got a set of the tenements. Have to say, kinda frustrated with the way it was setup... they made it really hard to do multiple buildings with that kit because of the sizing of the pieces.

What's been keeping you out of them, Monkey? Lack of inspiration or time?

I got 2 sets of the Tenements and what I've done is made one 2 story building which is 2 deep by 3 wide and then the top story is 1 deep and 3 wide so you have some roof at the top of both floors, then there is a P shaped building with a part that goes on top which is 1 wall by 1 wall. Then lastly there is a 3x1 building.

I've used Foamcore for the roof and also for a gutter of sorts and the roof is removable as well.

I just need to texture it before painting.

923190_10151632735973304_1406138153_n.jpg

548900_10151622077758304_1811666324_n.jpg

If you need inspiration, go browse TV Tropes...if nothing else, it's a great way to kill some hours (days)

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

I got 2 sets of the Tenements and what I've done is made one 2 story building which is 2 deep by 3 wide and then the top story is 1 deep and 3 wide so you have some roof at the top of both floors, then there is a P shaped building with a part that goes on top which is 1 wall by 1 wall. Then lastly there is a 3x1 building.

I've used Foamcore for the roof and also for a gutter of sorts and the roof is removable as well.

I just need to texture it before painting.

923190_10151632735973304_1406138153_n.jpg

548900_10151622077758304_1811666324_n.jpg

Okay, that's just awesome.

Okay, that's just awesome.

At least with those buildings you can try setting them up before you glue them to get the shapes you want.

I don't know if I need bases on them either.

The Doors are now filled in with Foamcore and I need to figure out what to do with the buldings if anything since you can take the roofs off by pushing on them from inside

Sweet, thanks. That really does look awesome, gonna need to steal that. How many buildings are you getting out of two kits? Just the one multi-story, or can you get another building out of the leftovers?

Out of the 2 kits I got the multi story, the 2x1 building (middle photo) and the building with the 1x1 part on top so 3 buildings or 4 if you use the 1x1 on it's own.

work is okay. Trying to work my way around my writing block by asking and answering questions. If you've ever had a moment in the story where you went 'why did this happen' now's the time to toss it at me! So far it's working pretty well just in letting me have a better idea of what's happening, much less anyone reading it.