Off Topic Playground

Heh, sounds like you had fun, Mako! Good to hear.

Ugh. >.< Not really awake, and it's been a bit since I woke up. Hate days where it takes forever to wake up.

Honestly, Dust, the reason why my interest dimmed is because the faction that got my attention (Egyptians) got so much less support than the ones that were already in play. I can only point to two of the models and say that they fit that aesthetic. And the rest of the factions just didn't have as much interest for me.

Oh, and as far as thinning paints and keeping them from drying out too quickly on the palette...Reaper flow improver does wonders.

That's one thing they have mentioned- the next phase after getting the pledges out will be to round out the other 3 factions.

I think the GF wants Bjarrhvit, Sven, Frigge, Noxius, and she's not sure about her 5th.

I'll be taking Lupa, Gaius Pallidus, Viatrix, Aemilia, and probably Ban-Luca and I'm not sure about the last- Urbicus, Mago, Hermes? I feel like Hermes and Urbicus are both good starter guys- they don't seem to need a lot of coordination and thus will be easier for newbies to use.

Heh, I just mix up more paint if it's drying out too fast. And add all sorts of silly things to it...

Yeah, was a good weekend. Even had time to play the original streets of rage while at my mate's house *grin*

Now all I have to do is make a waistcoat, bake two cakes, decorate them, and then when I get back I have to work out how to paint my Maruts, a Malifaux crew, and my two DzC armies, all before GenCon hopefully! Lol

Characters. And info, in a way, lol. Basically, it would work better if the character didn't come out of the blue, in my opinion. Also debating on a time skip or not, to get things going again.

And I'm debating changing one of my main characters (Victor) in terms of personality... pulled Fire Warrior off the shelf, and realized that the depiction of La'Kais in that book makes more sense for Victor based on his age than the calm, cool veteran I wrote. A 17 year old veteran like that is a little odd.

I did see the pic, thought I answered too...stupid phone didn't send it along. Anyway, it looks quite nice, I'm looking forward to seeing some better pics!

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

The cakes are somewhat less done than I'd expected. And timing is everything, there needs to be enough of a gap at various points in the process for them to settle. Going to be a long week.

I'd say that's an understatement!

Yeah, Mako's in charge of making the cakes for the wedding.

Yay, better pics! Wait. You're doing freehand stuff on your second model ever painted? O.o Bah! Curse you. :P lol

Uh oh. Crap, Morland Studios just put out another two OOTS minis... >.> Wait for Vaarsuvius and Durkon, or get the three that I don't have so I can get the rest of the team ready and painted for when those come out...