Off Topic Playground

Good: I actually got some painting done last night.

Bad: It took much longer to paint the rags on 10 Ghouls than I thought it would.

Worse: I have to let go of mold lines being on these models or I will never get any of them done.

Interesting: The more I use inks, the more I like playing with them. It's like shading plus color change in one step if you use the right one. The painting with washes trick also works with inks, though if you don't dilute a little the color will be very strong.

When it comes to spray primer and models on sprues, do you guys prefer to assemble then prime, or the other way around?

Maybe I'll post pictures of some of this stuff when done. It will be terrible, but at least I'll have proof that I'm painting :)

Work is okay. Fighting with some boards that fall into the 'must pass or paperwork' category. Hate these things.

Saw the snipers, they look good! Make sure you mention us in your acceptance speech for any awards. *wink*

Oh, and Smart Max is amazingly quick on shipping...they showed up today. Really impressed with the quality of the pieces, although Captain Canada has less work with green stuff I'm going to have to do. Not sure how I'm going to paint them just yet... also need to figure out if I'm going to be able to afford doing a diorama or not!

That's the plan for now, but we'll see. They both came with some pretty nice bases, I'm just not sure I can match it, so I think I'll have to paint them up and see about getting them some other bases later on. Doing a combined base with both of them seems to be out, though.

I'll answer when my nose stops bleeding... o.o

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Oof. I hate allergies... >.< Sitting in the break room and suddenly bleeding...

Anyway, if I want to do a large scale diorama, doing a 120x95 base just won't work.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

The other thing that'll be interesting is that the models are both facing the same direction, if I try to arrange them as a duel you'll be able to see the face on one or the other, not both. Not too much of a problem in a larger scale fight scene, but it seems like it'd be weird with just them.

I dunno, it's pretty normal. The facing each other thing, not the sudden venting of excess claret. That's not so good.

It makes it more natural, and since people will usually look round it, they'll see it all. Heck, from one angle my sniper dio is basically black!