Off Topic Playground

Not too bad. Board of director meeting tomorrow, so once I get onto the prober I get to test in full stuff that we were supposed to be doing a sample on...that way, we can impress them with the machine. By leaving the lid open in violation of OSHA...which isn't so bad, we normally do, but it always feels weird to flaunt it in front of visitors... O.o. Oh well, not my problem, LOL.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

How was work today for you? And how was sunday?

Ah, that trick. Last time I left a lid open running a machine, it had three high powered lasers in it. We couldn't get one to start up, so we were poking around inside. Eventually the other guy asked the inevitable question - 'do we actually know the laser path, since we've got our heads in the way when it does turn on?'

But in front of visitors is a bit weird.

Sunday was good, had fun. And laughed resignedly at someone who claimed they weren't competitive, but in the same sentence said he wouldn't play DzC as his favourite faction weren't powerful enough in game. Then argued tiny points in the game he was playing, picking over miniscule bits of rules...

Debating seeing if I can switch my outstanding malifaux order to some infinity, and try to get the malifaux from the other store that carries more and doesn't have a useless distributor.

If it wasn't for the international shipping, I'd say go through Neal at the Warstore...but shipping costs screwed that one over...

Those people drive me nuts. Like competitive is some kind of bad mindset to be denied, but they're going right along with it anyway...

Aye, There's a place for competitive and a place for not, its the ones that can't tell the difference are the ones that get me. How is it fun to stomp someone using a filth list in a friendly weekend game?

He's in denial I think, he's really competitive but likes to think he's not. Ah well, I wasn't playing him, which was a relief.

Agreed, showing up with a Gencon style list is going to be a mess if people aren't expecting it. It's what killed Warmachine in this area and did a lot of damage to 40k, people either didn't understand why they should adjust their lists or just flat refused to. Then the people who were the 'for fun' players started complaining about the tournaments being too competitive, and that's about when I quit. It's a tournament, that costs money to enter, and that has prizes... short of cheating, there isn't a 'too competitive' in that environment.

I had great fun in dead of winter. First place and second place, without winning a game. I didn't have to out play my opponent (one of whom was the competitive guy, who told me he was going to make sure he beat me because I'd won the first day. And then got caught up in winning the game and forgot to think about the achievements lol), I just had to play cleverly.

Ah, just having trouble getting my mixes right, my heads not in the zone, and my thumb is agony even after 400mg of ibuprofen.

I'll chat to her about it, she'll probably be a little distracted by imminently getting married to actually give me more than a bit of advice lol. But she pretty much nodded and said 'hope ibuprofen helps' last time, so I dare say she'll tell me to get it seen to when I get back here.