Off Topic Playground

Wyrd is putting out a new game called Showdown. Mako was (I believe) a tester for it, I wasn't. It's decks of cards themed around particular characters from Malifaux and there's a game that goes with them. I'm just curious which characters and he's teasing about the rules, darn him. *wink*

...hm...I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I like quick and easy games that have some depth to them!

It's quite good when you realise one player has got into the others head and you have to switch round all your plans and playstyle to stop it happening. Quite fast and a real comedy mind game

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Hey, I was told I could admit to testing it and talk about it, but I don't want to give it all away! Suffice to say I'll definitely be getting all ten of the starter decks and it'll be a real blast to have at GenCon for when we've got a few minutes.

Not bad. Of course, when there may be a Malifaux tournament next month, what am I inspired to do? Write fan rules for Kings of War, of course! :facepalm:

Whatever my muse's name is, if I even have one...she really likes to pull me to and fro, then just shut down.

One small touch of grey on the raise- apparently we won't see it until the end of May. On the other hand, it's retroactive, so that check will be a bit bigger than normal.

congrats on the raise, here's hoping it's a good one!

And you definitely have a muse, sounds like Elle...now you just need to know her name so you can complain about her properly. *wink*

That works for me!

Oh, Chris, Mako, since you're both on, have a question for you- if you guys were given a choice between having a home base for the campaign in a pioneer town on the edge of explored Malifaux, a mining town run by the Union, a Guild outpost, or a Malifaux City slum, what sounds least interesting to you?

Hm. Okay. I'll work on fleshing those two out a little more tonight so that you guys have an idea of the way I'm thinking of things. Some of the stuff right now that I'd say would be that the Guild Outpost you'll have more reliable access to basic supplies, have less problems in town with random monsters killing things, and more access to certain types of jobs.

The Slums have fewer Guild members patrolling, so you can get away with being rougher, and you'll have a better chance at finding some more...exotic items. In addition, you'll find more dangerous jobs that have the potential to be more lucrative, but you'd also have a higher chance of being stiffed on the bill.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

mako's vote should probably count for more than mine... he's more familiar with malifaux...

Nope! I wouldn't say that at all. All of you are players, you get an equal vote. He just has more to draw on to argue you around to his point with. *wink*