Off Topic Playground

even my writing muse seems to be failing me today. i have a couple of thoughts on where to take the story next, but can't seem to pin one down in my head.

*le sigh*

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

time to introduce the antagonist i think,.. or is that protagonist?? well,.. the main "villan" in either case,..

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

never could keep my writing terminology in order,...

antagonist is the villain. Or anti-villain. Or hell, in some stories they're the 'hero' like in the Overlord games! Basically the protagonist is who the story is about, the antagonist is the one getting in the way.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

The Antagonist as interpreted by Tv Tropes.

And Chris, if you want a fate deck I can get you one for your birthday! Just need you to pick a style...

ooooh i'd be ok with that. but my birthday isn't for another... oh wait... it is almost may isn't it? aheh... anyway they come in different styles?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

when does the next safehold book come out ed? my dad is insisting he gets to buy the next one. he's read all the way through 4. sent me a text today saying "guess what fff stands for" "finally finished four" lol

There's the standard Fate Deck, with different colored backings and artwork from the books. A little bit pricier than that (and well worth it!) are the two plastic decks- the puppet deck, and the retro deck. I love the puppet deck artwork, but I think there's a curse of some kind on any OTTers puppet deck...Mako's is particularly scary.

Here's the Puppets:

PA180001.jpg

The Fate Decks:

PA180020.jpg

The Retro Deck:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6563&d=1343239687

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

ooooh i'd be ok with that. but my birthday isn't for another... oh wait... it is almost may isn't it? aheh... anyway they come in different styles?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

when does the next safehold book come out ed? my dad is insisting he gets to buy the next one. he's read all the way through 4. sent me a text today saying "guess what fff stands for" "finally finished four" lol

Um. Fall?

Yeah. Book Seven A Mighty Army is set for September 2013.

ooooooh i like the retro deck! that's pretty... i don't like the second picture you posted at all though. the first one is ok. puppets? interesting artwork, but i gotta say, retro's nicer methinks.

Thanks for the book info. haha, dad's not happy about the wait. he's thinking about starting honor harrington. i might have to get my old archie up and running again so I can email him the efiles.