Off Topic Playground

Only because she wasn't staying the night! Honestly, it was a great weekend but I've never felt so edgy around a girl before! And from what she said to someone else, she thought exactly the same. They're nice, but I can't face them after all this...

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Course, me having a bit of a thing for a girl back home in England made it pretty unlikely to end in dating or bed!

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

So how's everyone else?

Heh, I wish I could just go ahead and read tonight. But no, I get to figure out what the hell the teacher wants for a format because it wasn't specified very well... 5-7 pages is a bit of a loose terminology when you're asking for questions of page format and double spacing. (rolls eyes)

Ahh, the required paper. Fun. Anyone got any ideas what I could do with the evening?

Do the Time Warp?

Thought you were going for your Masters program...? isn't that uni?

Can't afford to do that atm, and part of me thinks that I would be better off putting money for course fees towards achieving the purpose of doing the course in the first place. We'll see once I have a job ;)

Edited by ThePandaDirector

Oh! And a recommendation for how to do that- do it as a portrait, with the Dreamer's head in the front left, and LCB looming in the background in the upper right.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Can't afford to do that atm, and part of me thinks that I would be better off putting money for course fees towards achieving the purpose of doing the course in the first place. We'll see once I have a job ;)

Any leads?

Hm. An interesting roundabout method to get into the industry... *wink*

Well, best of luck to you with that. Hopefully the job market where you're at is friendlier than the one here!

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

So, if you could manage to get anywhere in the industry, what would you want to do? Fluff, design, marketing...?

I'm not going to kid myself that I can just walk into a dream job (even if it doesn't pay well and no one is impressed by it). I've got stages planned out, the first of which is to become super active in the community (though there's some things I need to sort out before that is possible). I've seen first hand how people have gotten into industries like this and a lot of it is down to moving forward even when it doesn't seem like you are getting anywhere; these things always take time and if I land the right job when I'm 30/40, then mission accomplished =]

Of course I could always design a game, launch it on Kickstarter and become a millionaire; but that's just a back-up plan.

Though saying that, I've been having a lot of fun developing my boardgame, but it does make my head hurt when I come up with so many ideas, get really excited, then hit a brick wall when I try and figure out the most basic mechanic =_=