Off Topic Playground

Saturday was my Colette against his Yan Lo. I'm still to offensive with her so combined with terrible luck was a loss.

My Viks against Ramos + Kaeris. Old school crew with Bishop even. Managed a win as I managed to bottle up and close in on all except Kaeris.

Sunday had my Perdita against Yan Lo. The Ortegas never disappoint, a win.

Then I had a go with Yan Lo against his Ramos crew and got hammered. Misjudged a movement and ended up close enough to Ramos that he just started summoning things and blowing them up.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Good morning all.

Morning. How'd the uni work go?

Infinity Downloads -there you go Bleach. The rules, army lists and weapons profiles are all there.

Colette is like Kirai, I could never quite figure out what to do with her...what're you running with her?

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Ed,

can I use this model with the hassassin models?

Um. I don't know. There isn't a picture, lol.

It was a 25 point game so just Cassandra, 2 performers and mannequins and a dove. Cassandra was having a very bad day and managed to use up most of the control hand and stones in a single turn. And still didn't kill anything plus ended up on 1 wound. I don't think she ever managed to flip a single card that won a duel without cheating.

It was a 25 point game so just Cassandra, 2 performers and mannequins and a dove. Cassandra was having a very bad day and managed to use up most of the control hand and stones in a single turn. And still didn't kill anything plus ended up on 1 wound. I don't think she ever managed to flip a single card that won a duel without cheating.

Do you have Coryphee? They really are worth it, even in so few points.

I don't know that any faction is simple to play...or complex. It's more about the tools you bring. Bring lots of camo, hackers and so on, you're going to have a rough time of figuring out what the hell is going on. Now, that being said, the Haqqislam Starter Force (not the assassin one) is a very straightforward one to learn. The Janissary is a Heavy Infantry with a rifle and some close combat skills, the sniper is a Skirmisher with infiltrate and camo, the Ghulam infantry are simple soldiers with rifles and the Naffatun has a flamethrower. Only a handful of weapons and special rules to figure out before you start expanding.

It's a large chunk of points in a 25 point game and they're pretty fragile. I do want to use them more often but I usually swear off Colette for a while until I forget that I've no idea how to use her. No casting expert, so many spells needing a soulstone discarded. I'll go back to Raspy for a bit and throw snowballs at people.

Cool, the other factions on my short list are; ALEPH (hacking war with Steam's Nomads), Ariadna Scots or French, and the Military Orders.

In Malifaux news my Ten Thunders are coming along nicely. Got the majority of the miniatures in their base coats and have finally filled up all the gaps between Ototo's weapon blast and the resin base with liquid green stuff. It looks like Shang maybe the first one to be completed, I'm proud on how he's turning out with the orange base coat and the dabs of yellow. Just need to put washes on him and finish off the eyes and mouth.

It's a large chunk of points in a 25 point game and they're pretty fragile. I do want to use them more often but I usually swear off Colette for a while until I forget that I've no idea how to use her. No casting expert, so many spells needing a soulstone discarded. I'll go back to Raspy for a bit and throw snowballs at people.

...man, now I want to convert a Raspy throwing a snowball...

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

ALEPH is probably going to be the least newbie friendly of that list...but not impossible to figure out, anymore than the Nomads.

Yeah, leave hacking alone for a while. I will say that once you get the knack of what a Normal roll or a Face-to-Face roll is, the game becomes a lot less complex. Hacking, for example, is simply a Normal or a Face-to-Face roll using your WIP attribute on a target within 8". Results are to Immobilize, Possess, or harm (other hackers), or to gain a VP in scenarios.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Just keep rolling 1s. Eventually you will win that way.

Yes. In the land of Infinity, the low roller will be king.

Depends on what fluff you want...

Paradiso has (reportedly) 175+ pages of fluff. Main has at least 80 pages, and I don't know about HS, but I'm betting a ton. Now, with that said, if you are looking for history /personality /feel for the faction, get the main. Paradiso has 175 pages of fluff, for the campaign on the planet Paradiso. Human Sphere is probably similar.

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

I thought it was low but higher than your opponent. But I've only glanced at the quickstart videos.

Low is a success. In the event of both getting a success, higher wins, yes.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Almost time to go home...then sleep, then wake up and write a 5 page paper. Tonight is going to be interesting...

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Almost time to go home...then sleep, then wake up and write a 5 page paper. Tonight is going to be interesting...