Off Topic Playground

No, only have a couple of them and they're still mostly full of paint.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Success! http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=652_492_493&products_id=22891

But I'm skint thanks to KS this month combined with needing to make up a bigger order of paints to make the postages more worth while.

Bookmarked for the future.

Really recommend the Reaper triads in general, they're really handy. Makes mixing paints a lot easier when you know that you've got all three of the colors you need, and even have an idea of the order to use them in.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

So, any plans for the weekend?

My metallics are pretty much just goldish and silverish these days, both represented in some form already. I might have an amethyst somewhere but that's too close to the FF's purple.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

While I miss uni I don't miss homework.

...hm. I dunno, I thought I grabbed some new washes...maybe I didn't. Huh.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Man, there's a lot of good and well priced terrain out there for Infinity... looks like putting together a board for that game is going to be easier than for Malifaux. Weird. -_- Oh well! I'll have to keep an eye out for Malifaux terrain more...

Not for me as I see HDF & MDF terrain as just a very large mini you need to paint. Came across a company that did both sci-fi and western terrain. I'm thinking of getting both and making a frontier town for Malifaux and with adding a few more buildings and ad signs turn it into a sci-fi frontier town.

This was going to be my first piece of terrain for that game board.

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/future-car-2.html

Anybody want to guess what colour I was going to paint it?

Edited by Saighdear

Haha, my evening was surreal. The night went pretty well, and I got something of a surprise when I was told that a very pretty girl I've met once wants to see me again after seeing the play. Despite my giant shorts and British legs...

I hope this goes well. Really well. The kind of well you can't (and shouldn't- we're proper ladies and gentlemen) talk about here *wink*

Washes are a god send. Really want to try out the Citadel glazes, just a shame they're only in four colours.

I keep telling people that the Army Painter "inks" (they're really washes) are near-perfect recreations of everyone's beloved Devlan Mud, Badab Black, and Gryphonne Sepia, and yet no one from my store has ordered any :facepalm:

Not sure if we're going to play Kings of War, 15mm, or try something odd like Dwarf Wars tomorrow. I wouldn't pay full retail for the Dwarf Wars book, but I think it's worth a look if you like large warband (~30-40 figures a side) scale games and can find it cheap.