Off Topic Playground

Hey Shine, long time no see. Hey! You play Infinity, right? Anything I should know going in that's not in the quick start rules?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Oooo...ideas are good!

Oh, and did you like the musical interlude? *grin*

My friend and I, co-captains of the Bad Idea department for our group, were to roll up Green Sun Princes (the Exalted of Malfeas...for those unaware, essentially Demonic demigods trying to reclaim existence in the name of the setting's equivalent of Hell). At some point in time we decided that rather than play a straight evil campaign, we were going to subvert it by recreating the entire plot of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and see how long we could go without our DM knowing.

The long and short of it, in our background story our demon patron Malfeas was tired of both of our characters being slacker rock 'n roll stoners and was threatening to send us back to the grueling Malfean military academy if we didn't shape up. So we decided to prove to "daddy" once and for all that we were worthy of our Exaltations by trying to conquer the world with the power of rock 'n roll.

My character was the pretty boy bishounen with high charisma and a magical tongue that helped him mind control people through lyrical content and a righteous axe which was actually just an axe with guitar strings on it. I was also working on a magickal sentient spiked copper codpiece. The demon bound within said codpiece was supposed to provide backup vocals. My friend was lead guitarist whose guitar was a longsword. He had an astonishingly short temper and tended to headbang people into submission. After getting our equipment we stole a "sweet ride" (read, Warstrider or giant robot) and broke out of Hell to start our first world tour...until the robot ran out of gas. From there we established our goal, based primarily off the movie plot. We couldn't go back in time and grab historical figures, so we opted for the next best thing. We were going to break into the Underworld, steal history's greatest musicians from "The Goth Kids" (Deathlords and Abyssal Exalted) and take them on a tour to the heart of the Empire and steal the Scarlet Empress.

We never got to finish, though we had some hilarious bits (inciting violent revolution with our rendition of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" comes to mind). Our GM had to take a break because our antics tended to pull the rug out from under him, and when he finally connected the dots about what we were trying to do he decided he couldn't handle it and dropped the game.

Ooops.