Off Topic Playground

I do have the rule books for infinity at home, but I will probably only play a game here or there with a friend of mine. He's got those scottish dudes. Apparently he wanted to paint men in skirts.

It is more a flare for models kind of thing. I just really like those Tohaa folks. A Sci Fi game where I actually like the models.

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Oh yeah. Well if I will be tossed into the whole 'cat' thing, might as well do it right.

Well, the nice thing about waiting on Legions because of the car is that Antarctica may get their kits by the time I raise the money...which would be very nice, honestly.

In the meantime, just waiting on new paints before I jump into any new projects. I'm thinking that once I get my Wastrel done for the OOTers contest, I'll probably move on to a just for fun kit. Not sure what at the moment, although I did get what I needed for the Paladin...although I should probably strip the paint from that one before jumping into it.

Nearly got tempted by Infinity but not quite..... Dystopian legions aye Ed, what are your thoughts on that? Been seriously looking at Dystopian wars as a starter when I have some spare cash.....

Well, Legions and War are two very different games. I love Dystopian Wars, at least the Naval aspects, never got a Land starter. There's a good amount of differences between the nations, but nothing overpowering. Legions has the rules online for free along with all the stats for everything released to date, so I'm looking over some stuff. So far, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Sort of a Warmachine scale to it, not quite Skirmish, but certainly not 40k. If I had a complaint about the game so far, it's how long Spartan takes to release things, but that's not really about the rules. If money arrives before Antarctica gets released, I think I'll pick up Britannia, I love the Knight Templar models and the Basett Tankette.

Hey hey, my Internet appears to be working again!

Sounds a bit lousy with the car Ed, but good about everyone's games.

Welcome back to the land of the net, Mako. How was casting?

Also, just listened to your story on Aethervox, was quite fun! Has me messing around with including spymasters in my novel or not...probably not. :) I think I have my next scene figured out, going to mess around with it tonight. After that, I think it's time that I finish Carver...

Ooh, my mate at work said he might be happy to chip in a little for me to go up to $158 on TtB in return for a pair of multi pose sprues. Question is, If I did get them would I be able to part with them!

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Yeah? I've not had chance to listen yet, might try to do it tomorrow at work. Glad it came out well!

Casting was fun, I took the harpy and sculpted between candidates. The female lead is sorted tho, this lass tonight was awesome.

Nah, that's next weeks problem. Tonight getting the legs of the harpy finished up so I can bake the body, then fit the shoulders, wings and clothing

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Yeah, it's tempting to up and give him one of each gender. But then again, I've got that bill for the flat back home to deal with too...

I'd do it in small bits rather than one big blob. Slice off a head, drill a wire in to keep the putty stable, then get the basic core shape down first. Then build up the head shape more, then the details. The smaller area you do, the easier it is to get it how you want.

Aaaah. Good idea. xD

I will have to look up some Asian dragon designs, preferably Japanese, to base the heads off of. Once I get to it, I will try it out on one model, before I take care of the rest. If it turns out okay, I will maybe try it on two more models so I have variety. If it sucks, which it probably will, I will just use the default ones. lol

Well, the other option is to head swap two of them so they have different body/head combos, and sculpt the fifth. Or do what I did and just convert some of the heads a little to make them look different. I had three seishin so I kept two, used the third body for a sculpted head, the head converted a little on a sculpted body, and one totally sculpted one.

Yeah, I'll probably put some up in the next day or so. Course, that depends on how fast I'm making progress and how much time I feel I can spare to take the pictures and put them up!

Just finished the detailing on one leg, going to get a cup of tea and start on the second in a minute

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Just looked, seishin photos are on page 7 of my thread, the head conversion is on the left of the photo

Well, I spent it trying to find all the stuff I need to buy in to get the experiments moving. It's proving trickier than I thought, got to finish that off tomorrow. But events are beginning to eventuate!

How's work going for you ? Got things to do tonight?