Off Topic Playground

They'd better not be mucking around with my work...I've decided we need a Cider Monolith so I can have Snakebites whenever I want 'em.

Honestly, the only Batman movies I didn't like were the middle two (Batman and Robin and Batman Forever). I think Bale's the best Batman and Keaton's the best Bruce Wayne. Kilmer looked tough but didn't capture the role, and Clooney was a pale imitation of Adam West's Batman. Batman: TAS is a classic and always will be.

Got some ghouls and zombies assembled last night, and after seeing Lazarus in person I'm looking forward to getting mine. Only problem is...he's like a high-quality version of a gashapon figure kit- it'd feel weird to pose him once and never move him again.

On a random note, I think most of the auto-tune stuff is a bit tired, but this one is pretty good:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

Mmm....Five Guys burgers...

Pretty awesome today, got into work, started doing this dull protocol, and then felt my head start to buzz with ideas. Got plans for the project, clever tricks that come from other fields I've worked in, and permission to just barrel on and do whatever I want to!

Now just cooking some food, doing laundry, and sculpting fingers on ophelia. Then back to work for an after work beer with the guys, and home for more sculpting! I'm wired beyond belief today!

How bout you?

I'm good! Woke up a little too early, but managing to deal with it. Found out that the past week didn't actually damage my finances beyond repair for the short term, which is always a good thing. And last night, got a lot of writing done, it was a lot of fun! Still not done with the battle, but about halfway methinks.

Yeah, pretty big. Which is making it interesting, since I've added in a couple more characters. One character became a natural spot for keeping an eye on the battle overall, which is nice, because I have a tendency to focus in on one character at a time and lose track of everything going on.

Ugh. -_- The henching is going as well as anything else organized at the shop for the moment. Lousy. Too much gamer politics, not enough new blood interested in miniatures games.

Yeah, in a way. I realized it made no sense for a captain of a ship to be personally involved in a fight...which left open the possibility of him giving a strategic look at the battle. Gives me a chance to let other characters shine and come into their own, honestly, which has been a lot of fun so far. Not quite at the point for the mercenaries to get into the fighting, but that's going to be the strangest scene to date of writing... It's a scene that may not translate without visuals, unfortunately.

Heh, hadn't thought of it that way! But yeah, maybe that's why Elle's been so interested in writing this scene, she wants to get to that one and try it out!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

So, what's the sculpting project tonight? More Death Marsupials?

Great new chapters on your story. Loved reading them yesterday.

Glad you did! *grin* Always amazed that you enjoy my stuff, I know a bunch of the other authors you read, lol. Hope the conclusion to the battle doesn't disappoint when it goes up!

The only concern I have right now looking over things is too much personality bleed between Arias and Black...and, when he shows up, Wintertide. Hoping I can avoid it.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Man, the forums are quiet this week, lol.