Off Topic Playground

um... maybe? see I don't even know what you mean! it's the screen it goes to when I hit the windows button. is that the start menu? having a start button would be a nice thing too. what was microsoft thinking when they got rid of that?! this really isn't a non-touchscreen friendly system...

And because I didn't say it earlier, thank you so much, Web! maybe i will want to chuck this thing out the window a little less often...

go here and download the start menu,...

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

downloaded thief gold,.. it plays flawlessly. love this game

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

alright ed,.. how do I get this thing working? do I need to look for a specific name, or a phone number?

Edited by Webmonkey

hopefully it worked for you. you can set it to bypass the metro screen (but still access it from the start menu pop-up list if you want) and I also recommend turning off the "hot-corners". for me, the best settings in the setup are to check boxes 123 and 5.

yeah, sounds like it to me. entry level should be just that,.. no experience necessary

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

and restart your system to make sure that the metro bypass is working.

Ah job hunting, I remember going to one interview and having the guy rave on for forty five odd minutes about this one machine being the only one of its kind in the country and, how few people know anything about it , etc .....

Then tells me he is actually looking for somebody who has used one of these things before..... well good luck with that....

yeah,.. corporate expectations are unrealistic.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

60 more days until the sculpters challenge is over. So far,.. having the only completed entry,.. I'm winning!!! *grin*