Off Topic Playground

Hmm. I realised today that I still haven't got hold of Hoffman, essence of power, and mobile toolkit. Thinking I'll switch that order to something else, and deal with the rest of my GenCon crew before worrying about Hoff and such.

Oh Ed, did I get everything right on the citing thread by the way?

I've had Hoffman on order for months. The distributors out here are marginally less competent than the biotech supply companies. Which means I may not be able to get the stuff I need to have my crew ready for the gencon three way brawl.

There's a place near me that has a lot of malifaux stock, so I usually just wait for them to get it in. In this case though, I've got my order paid up with a different place. Then their distributor decided to stop carrying malifaux without telling them, and he's been trying to get another sorted out.

Urgh. That really bites. I usually stick to my one store. If I can get a really good deal online then I will go for it, but I mostly end up getting all of my stuff at my usual hide out, here in Berlin.

So what all is on your list for GenCon? I am sure you've listed it gazillions of times, but I do not recall it. :0

If only there were actually enough money for me to buy all the things I want.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

and this is what I'm getting,.. cost me $1200.00,.. but it's about as top of the line as I can build it,..

Toshiba Satellite S870-BT3N22 Laptop

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Windows 8, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (8GB + 8GB), 1TB (5400rpm, Serial ATA), 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M Graphics, Blu-ray Disc™ ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer drive, Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) with Bluetooth® (v4.0), 17.3" widescreen.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

And my story is up to 167 reads!! yay!!!

Well,.. my current laptop only has a 2 GHz processor, 2 GB ram, and 150 GB Hard drive,.. no blu-ray, bluetooth, and still has windows vista of all things,...

So yeah,.. big step up. I figured, if I'm getting new, I should max out,.. so it stays competitive/valid longer. But it should be more then capable of pushing any software I put on it.

Edited by Webmonkey

Did you see the post on Penny Arcade today? 8 year old writing an RPG that actually sounds pretty interesting, setting has a throne that makes the one sitting in it King of the World...someone brought up the question of what if a squirrel got in it, lol.