Off Topic Playground

Not too much, just getting into work now and setting up for the night. I have enough stuff to do, woot! lol

Snow... (shudder) sick of the white stuff falling right now. It's been a weird winter, nothing for a long time and then blizzard after blizzard. And people say climate change isn't true... :-P

6? O.o Where are you getting 6? Gencon is 8 months away now.

End of January to end of July. Which gives me a bit of leeway for the inevitable 'i haven't finished the stuff, aargh' week...

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

And apparently I'm doing a bit too well standing in for the actor playing the big, dumb knight. I might end up in the play at this rate!

It's just discouraging because it's been a long road to get here. I'm 12k and 4+ years into this thing,..

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I have made it as far as having them present it to "focus groups". Which i'm sure they wouldn't waste the money on if they didn't at least have some interest in it,...

Yeah, I'd say focus groups mean they're interested but trying to gauge profit and consumer interest more accurately.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

True, its not certain till the papers are signed and the fund is slushed. But still, encouraging signs at least!

many a day has been spent pushing two jobs to pay for it. So I pray it isn't wasted time and money.

but thanks for the encouragement guys.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

anyways,.. enough about me,.. what's up in your guys' neck of the woods?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

alright,.. bed time again. G'night gents,..

Well, now I've made hte somewaht foolish decision to paint my Mannequin's ball crew for gencon, I need to work out how many mannequins I should have. Cos if it's more than two, I have to get the putty out!

And might be playing a big stupid knight in a comedy play.

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Night Web, here's hopin for info soon!

The class seems to have been written by some very Type A personalities, I have to say, lol. But hey, it's done, and that's a good thing. Now to work on the assignment due tomorrow for the counseling course... which should be very interesting. There's some people in my class for that one who have some perspectives on counseling that I am finding kinda scary... >.>

Well, thankfully these people aren't everyone in the class...most of the class seems nice and very well put together. However... I mentioned AA in my first forum assignment, talking about cultural hostility towards the issues of chronic psychological problems, and I almost immediately had people express their hostility towards AA. Then, in another post, I read someone who talked about being diagnosed bipolar and walking out on the counselor, and basically give an anti-medication rant. It was something else... at the end of the day, you want to talk about issues of over-medication, or issues of bad diagnoses, sure, that's fine. But to call the idea of medication or Alcoholics Anonymous (or similar 12 step programs) some sort of deceit of the devil is just terrifying in someone who is expressing interest in being a counselor. The medications exist because chronic issues are chemical imbalances. I should know, I have chemical ADD, there is an imbalance of hormones in my head that causes the condition. I know people with chemical depression or bipolar. The thought of someone telling them that they should just get off that medication is...well, scary. And somewhat enraging, honestly. I mean, hell, the textbook spoke specifically against the idea that all issues can be 'cured', citing that chronic conditions are going to happen and that treatment is different.

...I'm done ranting now...

Hey Shine! That Megabus to Buffalo, what time would you be getting to the city?

Okay, adding to the rant just because I need to get this off my chest: I am firmly, 100% in the camp of God can heal any issue, and do so in a miraculous manner that'll baffle doctors and scientists. However, I am equally firmly in the camp that the word can is not the same thing as the word will, and anyone confusing those two terms while in a position like Christian Counselor, Pastor, or whatever, leaves me angry. It is misleading, non-Biblical, and, in the words of my textbook 'Pollyanna-ish'. It's an over-simplification of something that will lead to more pain than already is going to happen. I mean, what the hell, have these people even read the Bible? Paul had more faith than these people and he wasn't healed or spared affliction, he had more of it! ...okay. Now I'm done. Until something else sets me off I'm sure.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Good morning.

Hey Bleach. *grin* Don't mind me, you're arriving mid-rant. So, how's you?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Good morning.

Hey Bleach. *grin* Don't mind me, you're arriving mid-rant. So, how's you?